New here from Weight Watchers

Options
Hey there! I am new here, from Weight Watchers. Anyone else made the switch? How did that go? I am hoping that this will really help me to track better, etc. Anyone have any great advice?

Replies

• muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I hadn't done the newer weight watchers...I was on the old points system when I did it and lost 50lbs with it...I've heard some say they gained on this new system rather than lost..Is that true??
    Anyways....This IS a GREAT site!! I've been coming to it for 65 days now and I love it for tracking everything!!
    The tips and hints and advice are great...sometimes you have to sift a bit but really, it's been great for all of it...
    I recommended it for my Zumba class to join it, especially those that are in a Get Fit Challenge right now..and it's made a great difference with them!
  • btah02
    btah02 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am here from WW also. I am technically still enrolled in WW and will continue with the meetings until I can see good results with this. I have 15 lbs left to go, but have been stuck at the same weight since May 27th. I do High Intensity Cardio and all things I googled on this pointed to eating more calories, however my WW leader didn't really agree. 2 weeks ago I called a radio show that had a fitness trainer on there who agreed with everything I had read. I should mention I have been on WW for 3 1/2 years and lost 68 lbs. The trainer said I had been on a calorie deficit for 3 1/2 years and my body needed a break....so she recommended this site. Haven't seen a huge change yet, but very hopeful! Let me know how it goes with you, and if you have any advice!
  • nklopfenstein
    nklopfenstein Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouraging news! I just cannot figure out e-Tools on WW's site for the life of me. Not very friendly to use and I will be getting either a Droid or something that I can use this app on a little easier than WW's. I am trying to aim for 1lb a week or so and hope that this tool can help me do that. Thanks again for your advice!
  • stacyrhoades11
    stacyrhoades11 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I think weight watchers is wonderful but I really enjoy this site..
  • nklopfenstein
    nklopfenstein Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Btah02-I am still in WW's as well, on their new Points Plus system. I will probably continue going to the meetings until I see good results from this as well.

Muitobem-I know that on the new WW points plus system, all fruit is free. So, some members have been seeing an increase in weight if they are eating a lot of fruit. That is what I have heard at this point. Another major change is that carbs and things are a lot more points than they used to be. Hence, they are pushing you more towards lean protein which I think is a good switch.

Could both of you be-friend me? I am going to try to be-friend you both, but don't know if I can figure it out! :)
  • ohnuts14
    Options
    I went to a few meetings but I never had weight watcher, was never a member, but I just have to say, I know a lot of people who do weight watchers, a few who have been successful, but I've seen more success stories on here than I have heard of through weight watchers (in terms of long term success). however i also know more people on myfitnesspal than on weight watchers so that's really not a fair comparison. alls i know is, in general, no matter what it is you use, it's about your commitment, and how bad you want to succeed. generally we will find what we need in whatever we utilize because it's what we seek. i can't compare the two because i've never had weight watchers, but i did go to a few weight watchers meetings and didn't like it. it felt competetive to me, and i feel like comparing my progress to others is detramental, as i'm not a competitive person, and i know myself, and after only a few meetings i already began to feel discouraged. however i was also considerably younger. also, when i saw my aunt on the weight watchers online, it didn't seem any different from myfitnesspal. only major notable difference, was that myfitnesspal is free. all in all, i'm a mfp girl all the way haha.
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You got it! I got ya friended!! =)

yeah, back when I did it, you didn't eat a lot of fruit because it is high in sugar...shouldn't eat more than 2 servings in a day anyway of fruit...eat as much veggies as you want...

And yes, EAT your exercise calories back! otherwise your body goes into a deficit...Your body won't work at its optimum as it should at just your NORMAL calorie intake....If you can't eat them all back, eat most of them...

When I started doing that, I noticed my weight dropping as it should....But you do have to play with it a bit on here to get the right feel for it for YOUR body...
  • nursenelson
    Options
    I went to WW and lost 40lbs. Then they changed their program and for some reason it didnt work for me anymore.
    I really really really like this site so good luck and I hope you enjoy it too
    :)9178653.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • kaybrendaknox
    Options
    I haven't even loss weight yet and I'm excited. This site is way better than WW. But then I had trouble with WW and will have trouble with this site too if I don't learn some discipline and consistency.