Old but New Member in search of Friends on here

Options
When I first joined Fitbit I had gained weight wrong and needed to lose weight. I had gained a lot of fat. I have lost that fat now and have been cutting for about 2 months but my ultimate goal is to get more size on me (thicker) while maintaining a low bodyfat percentage. Before I started cutting I was trying to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. It wasn’t going as planned so now my main focus is cutting. I’d like to cut maybe 2 more % body fat and then continue to gain muscle. Main focus areas are back, and legs. I’ve had 2 knee surgeries and some other knee issues where I have to modify a lot when doing leg because of pain. Just want to befriend some people passionate about fitness and encourage each other as well as exchange tips. I’m also of Fitbit. I do Fitbit challenges. It has helped me out a lot.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,130 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome (back?) to MFP!

Since you mention wanting to gain muscle, I'm thinking you might find some kindred souls over in the "Gaining Weight and Bodybuilding" part of the Community (most of the serious strength training discussion is in that area).

Wishing you great success in reaching your goals!
  • AvaEBerry
    AvaEBerry Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in the lose weight, add muscle phase of my journey. Feel free to add me. 😗
  • shinexc
    shinexc Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Sounds like your journey has been eventful so far! I am currently trying to find a happy balance in my weight as I tend to feel to skinny so I gain then feel to big so I lose. Hoping to maintain a healthy weight and add aome muscle tone as well. Feel free to add me so we can send encouragement !! Good luck on your journey :)