Looking to share the enthusiasm

Options
Hi all, used this app before but not been on this forum before. Love to train and experiment with my diet to try and get my body in the best shape possible. Would like to exchange tips on training and diet as sharing knowledge is a big part of success.

Replies

• cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hey there, great to have you around! what type of training do you find works best for you?
  • kevchenk01
    kevchenk01 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Not a big fan of cardio so I mainly train with weights. I have a cross trainer which I jump on when I have a rest day just so I’ve done something that day. My training is normally a couple of body parts for two days then a rest and repeat throughout the week. Always train slightly in negative calories, I find I keep lean this way and can still get stronger contrary to popular belief.
  • kevchenk01
    Options
    I’ve found that what I’m doing now has leaned me up and got me stronger without the bulk. I’m currently 13stone 2 but have been as heavy as 16.7 when training before. My routine always stays the same just training one or two parts a session, 4 or 5 exercises for each part and using pyramid approach increasing weight each set.

My 1st exercise is always my test of strength where I focus on. Eating my last sessions best. Keeping calories slightly in the negative is proving super effective in getting me the results I need without lacking in energy.
  • kevchenk01
    Options
    Do you have any fitness equipment at home?
  • cgrout78
    Options
    if you go to the blog area of the website under Fitness, there might be some good starting workout ideas for you. Both for bodyweight and weights and bands
    https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/category/fitness/
  • kevchenk01
    Options
    I think bands are good and you can work most body parts with them, I would invest in some slightly heavier dumbbells so you can fatigue your muscles at lower rep ranges.
  • kevchenk01
    Options
    Some photos of my journey showing where I’ve come from and what I have achieved so far with good training and diet. This year is all about getting as lean As I can but maintaining my strength, even increasing if possible.

2q5o96g8ao6d.jpeg
    2ujhdd4z5tkl.jpeg
  • cgrout78
    Options
    great progress!
  • woodsman57
    woodsman57 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    kevchenk01 wrote: »
    Some photos of my journey showing where I’ve come from and what I have achieved so far with good training and diet. This year is all about getting as lean As I can but maintaining my strength, even increasing if possible.

2q5o96g8ao6d.jpeg
    2ujhdd4z5tkl.jpeg

Wow great motivation. I’m currently somewhere between those pics. Trying to gain some upper body strength and lose some weight in my stomach. Always avoided my chest muscles so I’m starting out slow with some basic exercises to gain some strength. The diet and eating right is hardest part for me.

• DogMom213
    DogMom213 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love weight training and defiantly works best for me, I keep my cardio limited to fun outdoor activities and seems to be a nice balance for me. I change up my training about every 4 weeks from super sets to circuits, heavy to higher reps seems to keep my body guessing! You’re progress looks amazing!
  • AvaEBerry
    AvaEBerry Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Your progress is very inspiring. Looks like you're doing great.
  • kevchenk01
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback folks
  • AvaEBerry
    AvaEBerry Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Of course. Feel free to add me. I have more enthusiasm than tips, but still. 😆