Sushi! I need healthy sushi suggestions!

Options
I need healthy sushi suggestion NO TEMPURA OR FRIED! I want to know how many calories are in the roll too! The rolls i usuall get have 8 pieces in them. PLEASE help :) P.S i like the Eel roll, Dragon roll, Dynamight roll, spicy lobster or Spicy shrimp roll. I also like RAW sushi.

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Raw sushi is the best.

http://www.sushifaq.com/sushi-calories.htm
  • joyr1982
    joyr1982 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sashimi w/o the rice. Or sushi with brown rice. Or just try to go for things that are not fried and don't have thick sauces over them. I love spider rolls so everyone once in a while I will allow myself those and I just work out a little extra that day.
  • bjclaywell
    bjclaywell Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Shashimi is great for you, and low in calories (no rice). If you are getting rolls, see if you can get brown rice. Otherwise, just don't stuff yourself - I've found sushi to be fairly healthy and low calorie for the amount of food you get. Avoid shrimp rolls (tempura fried), and I try to avoid the ones that come with the heavy sauce (the eel rolls tend to). I also try to avoid the ones w/ mayo type stuff in them - california rolls (if chopped crab meat vs. a piece).

OH - and go for the light Soy if you like soy - otherwise the sodium will just knock your daily intake to the moon!!!

Almost all rolls and shashimi are in the food database...I've yet to have a standard roll that isn't in there.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    What you like sounds like good choices to me!
  • Soccer_chick916
    Soccer_chick916 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I bought a tempura roll from the sushi shop (its a specialty shop in our local supermarket) it was actually already in the data base and 400 something calories for all 9 pieces. Remember eating out is always going to be higher in calories. Just try making healthier choices like brown rice vs white rice and stay away from fried and fatty foods. Probably sushi will be the healthiest form of eating out

try this though

http://www.calorieking.com/calories-in-sushi.html
  • CelticDragon
    CelticDragon Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Your best bet is sashimi. The raw without the rice. My favorite way to go. Although I must admit an affinity for unagi (eel).
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Try sashimi over a green salad. It's incredible. But don't use soy sauce as dressing ick.
  • marygmni
    Options
    I love smoked salmon sashimi and according to the database, they are 50 calories per slice. I usually have 4-5 slices + a bowl of steamed rice (200 cal) for a total of 400-450 calories. I love that the food diary helps me plan for having what I want. I just make sure to go to the gym on these days. ;-)
  • sonybalony
    sonybalony Posts: 335 Member
    Options