Help!

Hi I'm looking for some advice, I use treadmill everyday burning 800+ calories a week that records on mtly fitbit and eating 3500 calories less a week recording on my fitness pal. But not losing any weight on the scales?

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    No-one knows anything about you, your diary is private and your profile is blank.
    If you want more than guesses (such as you are eating more than you think) you need to give people some data to work with.

BTW - do you mean you burn 800+ cals on the treadmill a week or a day? Doing what on the treadmill for how long?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    etk9ozg21xdg.jpg
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Yes, you need to give out more information--your stats, how much you want to lose, how much exercise per day, and how you are logging your food. With the little you've provided, it's impossible to help you. Sorry.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,674 Member
    If you aren't losing weight, odds are you're eating more than you think you are or burning less. Do you weigh everything you eat? That's always a good place to start if the scale isn't moving. It's easy to eat more calories than you think you are when you just guesstimate how much you're eating.
  • B_Plus_Effort
    B_Plus_Effort Posts: 311 Member
    first of all good job on the calories deficit and good job for exercising

as others have mentioned we need more info on you, I know there is a stigma for ladies in particular to give out their weight especially in the States but this is a weight loss forum, also you can tell us your height and age

without knowing anything, use your clothes as another measurement in addition to scale weight, this will tell you if your body composition is changing, grab a pair of your favorite "skinny" jeans and try them on every Sunday morning and see how they fit, you may stay the same weight (by loosing fat and gaining some muscle) yet your waist line or hips or what ever can go down and get smaller

and finally just keep grinding and always tune a little

for example what is the quality of the calories going in your mouth, say you did reduce your daily intake from 3,500 to 3,000 well are you drinking 500 cals of red wine for example? I know that two beers for me is at least 300 calories of cr@p so that isn't helping me build muscle which in turn burns fat even if it fits my calorie goal.

another example deals with your exercise, I see iPhone Walkers on the treadmills all the time walking at a pace of 2.0 whilst texting with their thumbs 8,000 words per minue, ha ha, so are you an iPhone Walker? try incline on your treadmill a little at first and then increase it every week a little bit or every month a little bit, incline treadmill is super super cardio exercise for burning calories, glad you have access to one, I would love to get my feet on one during the quarantine

keep grinding