Psyched to be here!

Options
I’m Elle from New York. Happy new year to all 🎉🎉🎉 Seems so cliché to be kicking off my weight loss plan in January, but the time is now. After the holidays I’m heavier than I’ve ever been but instead of feeling defeated, I’m feeling super motivated. I never had a hard time starting fit or losing unwanted weight until my 40s — it is a different ballgame and I’m losing the game instead of the weight! I’m determined to get this thing under control and get back to the skinny side of my closet. Starting here, but may enlist professional help if needed. I want to lose it for once and all, the right way. Looking forward to making friends and smashing goals in 2021!

Replies

• AsthmaticHippo
    AsthmaticHippo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Agree being on the experienced side of 40 makes shifting those unwanted pounds harder than it used to be
  • its_elle_tee
    its_elle_tee Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So difficult, right?! My scale kept creeping up and my old tricks stopped working. I kinda just stopped trying since I wasn’t seeing results. I’m working on adjusting my expectations, being more patient and seeking help and support to reach my goals.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Welcome welcome!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,640 Member
    Options
    I never really tried to lose weight til I was 56, so I guess I have no basis for comparison.

However, all it required was patience and application. In retrospect it wasn’t hard at all, although there were gnashing of teeth moments. But mostly, it was all about patience.

Please don’t buy in to the “you’re too old” myths. Create your own legends.
  • its_elle_tee
    Options
    Thank you, springerling, that's exactly the kind of motivation and encouragement I came for!
  • its_elle_tee
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome, 🥞