New and looking to change

Options
I'm new here and looking for some motivation. I'm a 33 year old, stay at home mum with food phobias and a complete lack of love for any food. I eat because I'm bored and I eat the wrong stuff because it's less effort. I don't care about food and that means I have a completely unhealthy relationship with it which wouldn't be so pronounced if I actually did much exercise, but I don't generally get much time for that and while once upon a time I was incredibly fit.... I now barely leave the house.

I'm saying this because I need to be honest about this. I need someone who can be honest with me, but also I need support... I'm hoping someone on here can join me for my journey. I'm hoping we can build a friendship as well as just be there to support each other in this.

Replies

• shinexc
    shinexc Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also a stay at home mom! I have four kids and have had 2 in the last 2 years. My weight is currently at an all time high due to the constant snacking and the little to none exorcise ... I would love to be friends and share our journeys with each other!!
  • amoangelus
    amoangelus Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! It's lovely to meet you.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,820 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be TMI, but what changed that you no longer like to leave the house? Anyway to change the change, so to speak?
  • Beckydavies1989
    Beckydavies1989 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I know how u feel as I was like that before. But u will do it :) always can add me we can.motivsye eachother x
  • amoangelus
    amoangelus Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    A combination of injuries, limitations of time and lack of motivation. Recently COVID has been making it harder because we’re not able to meet friends or travel which has cut out the only things I still really did. My sister was letting my daughter learn to ride so I was walking a lot at a quick pace to lead her but now we can’t get there. My parents live in the countryside so we’d go on full days out with picnics, but we can’t get there. We’d meet friends in parks and hang out but we can’t do that.

I used to hike, dance and bike for miles at a time. I have injuries that prevent me from going as far as I used to do, plus a child who can’t do the distance and no real childcare either. I can’t really reverse what is but my aim is to find a way to work around the obstacles instead.