Hooray for me!

Options
I can finally manage to do more than a leisurely walk for exercise. I separated my ribs at the end of December and finally took the bandage off last night. I just did 20 minutes of light floor exercises and feel so liberated. I was getting so sore all the time and gaining weight and I have to get the fibromyalgia back under control.

Yay, Leslie!

Replies

• winwin
    winwin Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I can finally manage to do more than a leisurely walk for exercise. I separated my ribs at the end of December and finally took the bandage off last night. I just did 20 minutes of light floor exercises and feel so liberated. I was getting so sore all the time and gaining weight and I have to get the fibromyalgia back under control.

Yay, Leslie!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hooray!

Movement is the cure to your pain. I don't know what "separated ribs" are, but I know fibro.

Take care.:flowerforyou:
  • winwin
    Options
    separated ribs are when you fall off a toboggan and land wrong. It's not quite as bad as a broken rib, but it might as well be that with the limitations in movement. Lifting, twisting, bending. But relief. a few twinges, but managable.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    oh, ouch.:flowerforyou:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    That's terrific!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Yuck, I had a few of these in college. Along with ...9 broken noses, 2 separated shoulders, 4 or 5 sprained ankles, god knows how many broken fingers, and the WORST hip flexer ever. But I think, next to that hip flexer the ribs were the worst. Just breathing was brutal, forget trying to sleep.
    Oh, you may ask why, I played rugby for 4 years. nuff said.
  • winwin
    Options
    My injury pales in comparison.

Thanks for the support everyone. I am back in the game.

Leslie
  • its time for change
    Options
    Yeah!! I hope that you continue to heal!!:flowerforyou: