Groom's mother aiming low!

Options
I've just joined the site, and am hoping to make friends to help encourage me along the way to losing the 85 or so pounds I need to lose to get to my goal.
My first target, however, is to make it to at least halfway before I choose my outfit for my son's wedding next July.
I've been overweight for most of my life - and have tried so many times before to lose weight, but I am just in the right frame of mind now, hence my tagline 'for everything there is a season' - it's my time now. :smile:

So if anyone wants to be my buddy along the way, please send me a friend invite, especially if you live in Essex, England

Replies

• karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    you can do it!
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the board - so what's your plan?
  • krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Facebook? We have an awesome group of people on fb. We do challenges and weigh ins and post tips and fun stuff. Let me know. :)
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Yes, your time is now!! More power to ya! Good luck on your journey. This is a great site, lots of support, advice, friends who want to see you succeed. What a great goal! You wanna knock 'em dead at your son's wedding. :wink: Good for you! Start walking. It's what I do mostly (altho physical therapy starts next week), and it has made a huge difference. Doesn't matter how fast you go..you will get faster. You just need to start. You can make your food diary public so that your friends can look at it..perhaps help you to refine it and make better choices. Drink lots of water. If you drink soda, stop. Just stopping soda will make a huge difference
    in your calorie intake.
    If you want to friend me..send me a request..and tell me why.
    Good Luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • aquarius16
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses and the friend requests. I think it's good to know someone else is able to check up on me, so I can't fool myself!
    My plan is to lose about 1lb a week, which I think is a sensible amount, by just eating the right amount and also doing more exercise - walking upstairs instead of using the lift, and walking a bit more often and more quickly than normal.
    Working full time, away from home in the week, means I have little time for the gym etc, so I may spend some time doing exercises at home.
    But I just feel that I can do it now, so I'm giving it a good try!

So see you again on the forum soon.
  • RajwaJ
    RajwaJ Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Weddings are a wonderful incentive to lose weight. I'm Bridesmaid in May 2012 and lost weight before my bridesmaid dress measurements were taken. losing weight is a bit easier if you have a goal to drive you and your son's wedding is a fantastic reason.

A lb a week is healthy and easier to achieve so its great that already you have sensible goals in mind.

Feel free to add me. I live in Suffolk but if I walk up the hill I am in Essex so I actually live on the border. Good luck. x
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Welcome on board! With this goal in mind, I'm sure you'll achieve what you're hoping. I've found the site to be a great support. Feel free to add me - I'm in Essex too :)