What headphones do you use when working out

Just out of interest what headphones do people use when working out. I have used loads over the years

Bose Pulse - great sound and stayed in my ear but my ears got really sweaty after 60mins training. Also went through 2 pairs as battery stopped holding any charge (Bose were good in replacing)

Plantronics Backbeat Fit - really great fit. The ear hooks kept them in place and as they did not need to sit in the ear to deep I did not feel like my ears were over heating. The hooks did need to be positioned to work with sunglasses. Charging connector corroded and completely died, was really disappointed

B&O H5. Still alive which is positive. The fit is good but i do get sore ears if I wear them too long. The battery life is not awesome so they need to be recharged after every workout. One really annoying aspect is the silicone wings need to be removed to fit them in the charger. The sound quality is really good and i liked being able to adjust the sound profile through the app

AfterShokz Aeropex - current pair. These are great. Very comfortable and good sound but I agree with reviews that voice podcasts are better than music. That said when I’m training I am not too bothered on the quality being a little lower. I do notice the vibration if I have the volume up high

What do you use, what works and why?

Replies

• slmick5
    slmick5 Posts: 1 Member
    Bose QC35s. Turn them on and I'm in my own little world.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    The Under Armor Rock Headphones over ear version. Had them for 3 years and still work awesomely. 💪
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    I just got a pair of Beats pro wireless for Xmas. They are definitely more expensive than what I'd by for myself, and apparently my husband got a good deal on them on a one day sale on Amazon. I was worried they wouldn't fit my small ears, but they fit really well and are comfortable and of course the sound is great.
  • AsthmaticHippo
    AsthmaticHippo Posts: 62 Member
    slmick5 wrote: »

I also have them but only use when traveling. Simply awesome on planes
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    I'm cheap with these because I've been both accident-prone and forgetful. So I've settled on an Amazon purchase from a brand called Enacfire. Essentially, it is these...

https://www.amazon.ca/Bluetooth-Wireless-ENACFIRE-Headphones-Waterproof/dp/B07PY41MPG/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=ENACFIRE&qid=1610215912&sr=8-8

...but I have the 2020 model (where the charging case is more rectangular than square). I bought 3 pairs of them last year. I'm on Pair #2 and the last pair is still in the box just waiting for me to mess up and lose an earbud 😒
  • Runner5Lulaica
    Runner5Lulaica Posts: 4 Member
    Very basic samsung headphones (like the old apple wired headphones). I find they stay in well, but also provide me with some.sound input from outside.
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    I was given a pair of Jabra wireless earbuds for Christmas 2019. I expect they were expensive, but the sound quality is great and they’re equally secure whether I’m running, doing gym cardio or weight training. They seem to be sweat proof too.
  • AsthmaticHippo
    AsthmaticHippo Posts: 62 Member
    KNoceros wrote: »
    I was given a pair of Jabra wireless earbuds for Christmas 2019. I expect they were expensive, but the sound quality is great and they’re equally secure whether I’m running, doing gym cardio or weight training. They seem to be sweat proof too.

I also have a pair of Jabra Elite (65t I think). I agree the sound is really great on them. They are not stable enough in my ear for me to trust working out in them, but that is not what they are designed for either though
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited January 2021
    The Under Armor Rock Headphones over ear version. Had them for 3 years and still work awesomely. 💪

Me, too. And the first pair broke about 1.5 years in, and they sent me a new pair for free. And I like the over-ear kind, because then people know I have them on (unlike in the in-ear type) and don't try to talk to me as much.

Are we twins, @Chef_Barbell (except the kid thing) :D ?
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    Bluetooth letscom. $25 on amazon. lasted me 3 years before i had to buy my next pair
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    MPOW Sports. Cheap, decent quality, stay on.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member

Me, too. And the first pair broke about 1.5 years in, and they sent me a new pair for free. And I like the over-ear kind, because then people know I have them on (unlike in the in-ear type) and don't try to talk to me as much.

Are we twins, @Chef_Barbell (except the kid thing) :D ?

Yes!!! My kindred spirit! 😂
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    slmick5 wrote: »

I also have them but only use when traveling. Simply awesome on planes

Definitely love the QC35s for commute and travel but wouldn’t want to work out in them. They don’t seem like they’d like sweat?
    KNoceros wrote: »

I also have a pair of Jabra Elite (65t I think). I agree the sound is really great on them. They are not stable enough in my ear for me to trust working out in them, but that is not what they are designed for either though

I have a pair of Jabra Elite 65t and I love them for running. The fit is good for me although granted I bought them in the fall and have had a snug head cover on all my runs since. I use different size silicon buds for my left and right ear for a secure fit.
    Guess I’m assymetrical!

IIRC the description mentions them being sweat/dirt resistant and designed for workouts 🙂
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Very basic samsung headphones (like the old apple wired headphones). I find they stay in well, but also provide me with some.sound input from outside.

I actually still use the old apple wired earbuds for the same reason. They fit and stay in my ears while I’m running but still allow just enough ambient noise for me to hear my surroundings for safety. I like the old-school version that have a wider earbud that kinda sits on the edge of the ear canal not the more cone shaped ones that insert into it. They don’t make those anymore but awhile back I bought a bunch of them on ebay for $1 apiece and each one lasts a year or more, in the 7 years I’ve been running I’ve not spent even $10 on earbuds so that’s been a plus!
  • the_stained_ape
    the_stained_ape Posts: 35 Member
    Bose Soundsport.

Banging sounds, super comfortable and battery life is excellent.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    Bose Soundsport.

Same here. Love 'em. And you can't turn the music up loud. I don't want to go deaf.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • bcalvanese
    bcalvanese Posts: 32 Member
    Power Beats Pro
  • the_stained_ape
    the_stained_ape Posts: 35 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Bose Soundsport.

Same here. Love 'em. And you can't turn the music up loud. I don't want to go deaf.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

You can if you have an Android phone, with developer options enabled, and know how to disable absolute volume 👍