confused.com

Options
anyone who can explain this in moron terms for me. I really dont understand this ive copy and pasted from my fitness pal and ive linked my fitbit to enable negative adjustments
If you have linked your MyFitnessPal account to a device or app that measures your total calorie burn (Fitbit, Bodymedia, etc.), check this box to allow negative calorie adjustments from that partner to appear on your exercise diary. Otherwise, only positive adjustments will be allowed.
Changes to this setting will be in effect only for adjustments received from that point on (past adjustments will not be restated).
A negative adjustment means that your projected calorie burn for the day from the partner is below MyFitnessPal's initial estimate. If you are unable to sync your tracking device until late in the day, or if you don't consistently use your tracking device, you may prefer not to enable negative adjustments.
does this mean I can eat more or less if I wanted to? my god nothing is siple haha

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    anyone who can explain this in moron terms for me. I really dont understand this ive copy and pasted from my fitness pal and ive linked my fitbit to enable negative adjustments
    If you have linked your MyFitnessPal account to a device or app that measures your total calorie burn (Fitbit, Bodymedia, etc.), check this box to allow negative calorie adjustments from that partner to appear on your exercise diary. Otherwise, only positive adjustments will be allowed.
    Changes to this setting will be in effect only for adjustments received from that point on (past adjustments will not be restated).
    A negative adjustment means that your projected calorie burn for the day from the partner is below MyFitnessPal's initial estimate. If you are unable to sync your tracking device until late in the day, or if you don't consistently use your tracking device, you may prefer not to enable negative adjustments.
    does this mean I can eat more or less if I wanted to? my god nothing is siple haha

When you have a device synched, it will reconcile your actual activity per your device to what you have set as your activity in MFP. If your activity per your device exceeds that which you have set in MFP, you will get an adjustment up in calories (you have moved more than what you established as your activity level on MFP). If your activity per your device is less than what you have selected in MFP and you have negative adjustments enabled, you will get a calorie cut (you have moved less than what you have established as your activity level on MFP).

Example...if you're set to "active" on MFP, but you have a sedentary day per your device, you will get an adjustment that decreases your calorie target. If you're set to sedentary, but your device says you are active, you will get an adjustment to increase your calorie target.

Your device is just reconciling your actual activity to what you set as your activity in MFP...up or down.