Being completely honest about my eating habits!

Options
I completed my food journal for the last week based on written notes I had in my notebook. Writing down food and exercise honestly helped me realize I am still dealing with some kind of eating disorder and that sometimes my eating patterns are out of control. I need to stick to controlled eating sizes and keep planning my meals ahead of time because otherwise I keep reverting to my old eating habits. I realized I am alternating between eating too little on days when I am working out and almost binging when I am going through highly stressful periods in my life. The worst thing that happens to me is eating highly starchy foods in the evening late at night and eating too much. It seems my life needs to be more structured and planned, so I can stay on track. I thought I was dealing with weight plato but now I am realizing it's just a body remininding me I am doing something wrong like eating the same foods all of the time, keeping the same workout regime and probably not eating enough healthy foods for my needs. What a revelation!

Replies

• Wonderful discovery! These are the things that enable us to change our lives. :happy:

We we have negative self talk, or hide things from ourselves, or refuse to look deeper
    these are the things that keep us trapped in bad habits / emotional land mines which
    leads to frustration, failure at weight loss/progress and for most of us... quitting.

This is a NSV of the greatest magnatude. Congrats and thanks for sharing!
  • claude408
    Options
    :smile: I hear you my friend! I am a recovering overeater too! I found out that if I don't write everything down I will inadvertently underestimate my food intake. I love eating and will try to lie to myself to eat more. Also, when i a honest with myself, the numbers are immediate and sometimes disappointing. I can't always be good, and most days it is not fun being good! I I have gone on some serious binges and loss of control days, but everyday is a day to start anew! And I feel better overall eating less! Short term pain (eating less good unhealthy stuff) for long term gain (Weighing less, feeling better, being healthier, doing more) Press on my friend
  • Ellieswede
    Options
    Hi! I have doing my diary for 10 days now, either on my laptop or phone and find it incredible helpful. It has really made me much more aware of how much I eat and drink... The exercise really helps to get extra calories so suddenly I am doing some form of exercise every day! I have also noticed my own pattern when I feel the most tempted to eat something I don't actually need so I now avoid it by getting busy with something else. The power of the mind is great and the more we 'talk' to ourselves when tempted, the more we are able to stay strong and feel pleased when we don't give in. It works for me!
  • pjlm88
    Options
    This post is really helpful. I eat in a similar way - and on the days (like Thursday, actually) that I did fall off the eating right bandwagon - it's not a diet, by the way - I just don't post here and maybe I should. Good luck to you and thanks.
  • pavlinm
    Options
    I lost almost a pound from yesterday by eating more than I normally eat every day and broke through weight loss plato for more than a week. I was not hungry for most of the day and even had an apple pie for afternoon snack. i just focused on eating healthy and natural foods and enough for my needs.I also realizing bycling is a good sport for me because it helps me lose water weight and it spices me usual routine. It can be done almost every day and doesn't take much time compared to having to go the the gym. Thank you community