L-glutamine to reduce sugar cravings?

Options
Does anyone use it for this purpose? Does it work? How much do you take a day

Replies

• emma1488
    Options
    I use it to avoid gettin sick and reducing muscle soreness. In my opinion, it's awesome!
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I tried it a few years ago. I'm not entirely sure how well it worked, honestly. I've had friends use it and they swore by it though.
  • littlemount
    Options
    The diet book called Revive which is good book, in the early chapters clearly states that L- glutamine to be used for sugar cravings. I have not tried it need to find out more about the adverse effects if any it has.
  • emma1488
    Options
    Hmmm, I'd never heard of glutamine reducing sugar cravings, but come to think of it, I haven't craved sugar or sweet things in a long time, since i've been having glutamine.
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    So I have purchased me some L-glutamine today, 500mg/day capsules. Will see if I feel a result and decide if it is worth it in about a month or two. I will come back here and post my thoughts about it.
  • katnben
    katnben Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just bought mine today. everything I read says that it is good for sugar cravings and doctors even use it for alcoholic patients who quit drinking. which makes sense
    since alcohol is nothing but a carb.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Never tried it, but I tend toward sugar cravings...and have found that eating protein with every meal helps. Also, giving in to my chocolate cravings has helped, but in limited ways. So I'll have 1/4 c. of almonds with 1 Tbsp of semi-sweet chocolate chips (the kind you use for baking).

Or a Tbsp or 2 of nutella helps. I just don't indulge as much as I used to.
  • Megclark37
    Megclark37 Posts: 111
    Options
    Interesting, I've never heard of this but I definitely have a huuge sweet tooth! Is it expensive?
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    bump
  • castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Never tried it for sugar cravings. I take it about an hour before a hgh-intensity interval workout.
  • huntindawg1962
    huntindawg1962 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I used it some years ago. Not too expensive. You get kind of a sweet aftertaste in your mouth after you take it. Kinda like the after effect with the fun :(

I got past cravings quickly and stopped playing with it. Buy only a small bottle of the stuff as if you get over it too- you got a lot to throw away.