Can you help me with my activity level?

Options
Hi there, I am just so confused with this activity level setting. Right now I have it set on sedentary, but am not sure if I should move it up to lightly active. I am a PCA (Personal Care Assistant) I work 40-43 hours a week, on my feet all day, walking around the building, caring for residents, giving meds, helping them up, bathe, toilet etc. I do not exercise as of yet. When I am home, I am more sedentary, although I am cleaning and caring for my family. Should I keep my activity level at what I have it set at or should I change it? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Replies

• MamaKatel
    Options
    I would change it. I stay at home with my son all day and I considered that lightly active so I would def. think that your job is lightly active as well.
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    Slightly increase it as sedentary is referred to as a desk job where you would sit the whole day.
  • MuffinMan25
    Options
    I would move it up the "Lightly Active"!
  • keepkickingbutt
    keepkickingbutt Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Based on what you described, you should definitely move it up a level. All the best!
  • Laurla11
    Options
    I'm also a PCA and there are days where I feel like our activity level should be VERY ACTIVE! haha, so yes I would definitely move it up to lightly active
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    Options
    yep id definitely move it up to active
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I would say at least lightly active. I work in a busy optometry office and that's what I have mine set for. I'm on my feet a lot, but there are times I sit, but they are not long stretches. This setting has been perfect for me to lose 46 pounds since Feb!!!! I do exercise and eat back those calories too, at least most of them, and since July I've been using an HRM while I exercise to make sure I know how much to eat and not guess.

Good luck!
  • 1myfit
    Options
    Yeah, you guys work hard. I'm a nurse and work part time.....wished i could pick a part time position so my cals were more accurate.
  • ChrissyLu723
    ChrissyLu723 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thank you ALL for your help and responses, I thank you very much <3 have a wonderful day everyone.