Baby weight

Hello all! I am a plus size mama who just had a baby three weeks ago. I'm here to lose that extra weight plus some . Since I was overweight before I have a long way to go. Any new mommas out there with this same senerio?

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,421 Member
    Oh dear. I was last a new momma 30 years ago, and I’m going to beg you what every woman in your life should be begging you.

Drop it now. Don’t wait for tomorrow. Don’t look in the mirror and be 15, 20 pounds over where you were BC (Before a child) and feel fat and frumpy and despair and give up. Twenty is a hella lot easier to drop in youth than four or five times that, later on.

So, kindly lecture over. How can we help you get to where you want to be?

And congrats on that youngster!!! If having a wee one to chase around and BE around for isn’t motivating, I don’t know what is!
  • Hey - firstly congratulations! Hope all went as smoothly as possible. I’m Mum to a 3 year old, trying for baby no 2. I need to shimmy the weight before I get pregnant again. We had a terrible experience last year so that sent me off into a whirlwind of emotional eating. Finally got hold of the reigns 🤪 so please feel free to add me if you want some extra support x
  • CICOKairalie
    CICOKairalie Posts: 12 Member
    Me me me!

Congrats mama!
    I'm currently pregnant (due to pop ANYDAY NOW) with #4 and I was SUPER overweight before falling pregnant with this baby too. So I 100% get what you feel and what you want.

Feel free to add me and we can do this together! Would love to offer motivation and support!
  • Hello everyone,
    I'm experiencing something similar, I gave birth to my first child 14months ago, back in September 2020, but it's been a wonderful whirlwind of being busy, busy, busy with the baby! I'm only able to focus on myself as an actual human being now, and I'm just not happy with my bodysize/ weight.

The pregnancy was easy and lovely, but I'm finding breastfeeding is much more challenging than I anticipated. Also, now it's winter here where I live, and it's making low calorie meals feel so sad and deprived.

I'm wondering if anyone has a similar direction and wants to buddy up for positive support and encouragement. We can chat about trying new recipes, maintaining milk supply, all while trying to be healthier and (hopefully!) lose some weight 😀
  • UberAya
    UberAya Posts: 94 Member
    Three weeks! I commend you, but also be kind to yourself as your body heals. =)

I had my second and last almost a year and a half ago, but just started an earnest "lose the baby weight" effort this month. (From both kiddos, if I'm honest.)
    Probably spam all you lovely ladies with friend requests because Mom's Unite! ;)