Rock That Dress Challenge! (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• vkcooper
    Options
    LADIES,
    I forgot I promised my friend I would ask... A very good friend is deploying over to Afghanistan Sun 9/11 (yes I know). He has a gorgeous wife and 3 wonderful kids... Please keep him in your prayers and his family for strength and guidance. We have all be there at some time the gut wrenching phone call for its time to go, and as the wives we know how hard it is to keep the home going.
  • Annie5859
    Annie5859 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Today I went for a 33 minute run and burned 314 calories.
  • Janie5605
    Janie5605 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Today I was great on cals (could have made some smarter choices but stayed under regardless) and did my normal in house work out which is listed below. I did not get any walking in because physical therapy really kicked my butt both physically and emotionally. Therapist still thinks surgery is the only way to fix me...and when a physical therapist says it they mean it! Ugh. Jet broke on my husbands flight so he still only has 3 flights but he flies again tomorrow to finish off his 4th run...so next week is out last week in phase two!

Also drank a grand total of 21 glasses of water!

Exercises:
    500 crunches
    300 leg lifts
    200 push ups
    100 chair presses
    200 toe touches

plus 60 minutes with the worlds more boring physical therapist being tortured.
  • bayerngirl
    bayerngirl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hallo ladies,

Yesterday I did JM30DS L2 D7 and Cathe Friedrich's Circuit Bast "cardio only" plus 20 min Heavy Bag workouts. Not sure, what I will do today?

Have a wonderful workouts, ladies!
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Just stopping by the forum this morning to read all of your posts. Remember that TOMORROW IS OUR WEIGH IN DAY on this forum. Just remember to post your weight lost this week. We'll post our measurement losses the following Saturday giving us two weeks in between measuring.

VKcooper: I'll be praying for your friend going to Afghanistan (and his family back home). Keep us posted about your possible pregnancy!

Hope you all have a wonderful day today reaching your goals. I'm sorry I haven't been as supportive this week. I've had a lot going on with work trying to get my work week finished out today so that I won't have to work this weekend. Got a lot of football and partying coming up this weekend and I want to be off to enjoy it all.
  • GypsysBlood
    GypsysBlood Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    didn't get a chance to post last night. Did great on my calorie intake and burned about 550 doing a 35 minute circuit and 30 minutes of pilates. :-) Planning to do more pilates today and hitting the gym later for my 2nd day of C25K Still need to up my water consumption though :-(

Have a great day everyone! get out there and BURN! BURN! BURN!
  • RDH77
    RDH77 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Back on track today. Did a circuit training video from on demand on cable. It was a total body workout and was really good! 40 mins and 417 calories burned. Stayed within my goals, and the dinner for breakfast and salad for dinner plan is going pretty well! I thought I would start feeling really deprived but it's keeping me satisfied. My sodium levels are staying low as are my carbs. Maxing out on protein and healthy fats so that is likely what's helping me feel satisfied. So far so good!
  • Annie5859
    Options
    My plan was to have a rest day, but it was such a beautiful day I had to get outside, so I went for a half hour walk.
  • CindyLynn28
    CindyLynn28 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Today went OK. I exercised, but didn't but put any effort into it and only burned 160ish calories. Tomorrow's mission is to exercise in the morning before it gets too hot.

I also went over a little bit on my calories and had to include a walk that I took even though I didn't want to count it as exercise. Just really hate seeing red on my diary. :laugh:

I think I had a very good week so I'm looking forward to tomorrow's weigh-in.
  • RDH77
    RDH77 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm down 2 lbs! I'll take measurements next week. I know it's silly but after not seeing the scale move but like 2 lbs in 2 months, I feel like I'm finally seeing some forward movement!
  • myboysmomx2
    Options
    Hi ladies. I lost 1.5 pounds since my first post here on the forum last Saturday. My scale has been slow to move lately also, so I was glad to see it go down. I think changing up my workout routine helped with losing weight again. I started evening out my power walks, step aerobics, and weightlifting by doing a more equal amount of each rather than focusing on one are too much. I went over one day on calories this past week, but I did meet all my other goals including weightlifting a minimum of 3x this week which was a big goal for me. It's so nice to read your posts every day. You all encourage me and help me to want to press on toward my goals. I can't wait to see where we are at the end of 10 weeks time. Today starts our new challenge that I posted earlier in the week, so let's keep moving! Have a great day everyone!!!!!
  • TwinMommy2CnC
    Options
    My goal for this challenge is to lose 1.7 lbs per week. This week I lost 2 lbs!!! Yippee! After a very idle August, this has been wonderful to see.

For the challenge this week, my goal is to walk 20 miles. I started this morning with 2.68, so 17.32 to go! I also want to add weights in this week at least 3 times. Looking for some good arm workouts. What good is a sexy dress at the end of these 10 weeks, if I still have flabby arms?!? Good luck ladies with the challenge this week! Thanks for all of your encouragement! :flowerforyou:
  • GypsysBlood
    GypsysBlood Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies! Down 2.8 this week :-) Feeling pretty good about that but still hoping for more. I didn't meet my exercise goals so I really need to work on that, my motivation was waning this week. Luckily I belong to this great group that will help keep me pushing on ;-) Keep up the great work ladies! I am gonna keep my goals the same, since I didn't quite meet them

SW (beginning of RTD Challenge): 204.8
    CW: 202
    DAILY GOAL: Stay within my calories, LOG ALL FOOD!, make sure I am getting enough water ( I am a tea addict and usually drink more of it than water) look in the mirror and tell myself that I am doing it and that I will be successful!
    WEEKLY GOAL: Workout 6x per week, including Cardio/strength interval circuits 5 days a week and Bike/Tread/Elliptical/Rowing Machine 3-5x depending on schedules
    SEPTEMBER GOALS: lose 10 lbs this month, hopefully more
    REST DAY: Varies, but most likely Thursdays
  • CindyLynn28
    Options
    Good morning, ladies!!

I was down to 159.8 this morning! I haven't been in the 150s since I gave birth to my oldest almost 7 years ago. Total down this week: 3 lbs!!!

For the weekly challenge I'm going to try to add 20-30 minutes of elliptical to my 30 Day Slimdown Challenge. Depending upon my speed, I could do an extra 10-15 miles per week.

SW: 162.8
    1st WI: 159.8
    November 12th GW: 152.8

DAILY GOALS: Log all food, Stay within calorie and sodium limits, and exercise at least 30 min. per day.
    WEEKLY GOAL: Exercise 5-6 days per week (Either Jillian Michael DVDs or elliptical)
    SEPTEMBER GOAL: Complete the Jillian Michael 30 Day Slimdown.
    REST DAY: Will vary depending on school schedule. Next two weeks it will be Wednesday, unsure of rest of month.
  • vkcooper
    Options
    Hey Girls:
    Since RTD Challenge I am down 3 pounds. Only 5lbs to meet and hopefully surpass my Sept goals. I have yet to have a positive pregnancy test so we still do not know. I went for 2 miles tonight so I only have 13 miles left for the week!! I had a baby shower to attend so I ate horriblely today but have not logged it yet to see if I am over or under calories! This week I really need to focus on homework and working out. Keep me posted ladies!
  • myboysmomx2
    Options
    TwinMommy2CnC: Here's the arm workouts that I do: http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/michelle-obamas-arms-workout I also do this one: http://health.yahoo.net/rodale/WH/get-sleek-toned-arms

It looks like y'all are doing great and losing weight. Don't beat yourself up if you didn't meet every single one of your goals. Goals give you something to work toward. So...if you didn't hit every single one, tomorrow is a NEW DAY. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and go for the gusto again. I am so happy to see everyone working so hard and making strides for a NEW YOU!!!!! Keep up the good work!
  • myboysmomx2
    Options
    For those of you who want a neat animated walking ticker to keep track of your walking goals, here's the one I used last month. It was neat to see my person walking along until my goal was reached. Here's the link: http://www.andfam.net/kim/tickerpicker.html
  • Annie5859
    Options
    I burned 348 calories running 40 minutes today. I my weight is 158lbs, which I am happy with as I am in my maintenance range.
  • CindyLynn28
    Options
    I burned 355 calories today and stayed within my calorie goal. I also did 2 miles on my elliptical. I need to work on water intake though. I think I only drank about 5 cups, if that, and it's fairly hot here so I should have had more. Gonna work on that tomorrow. :)
  • Annie5859
    Options
    I went to the gym today and burned about 250 calories doing 30 minutes on the elliptical and 10 minutes on weights.