A1C NSV (although the scale had something to do with it)

My A1C had snuck up past 9 back in early May. I've been watching my calories, keeping my carbs under 40%, and exercising since. My A1C as of this week's blood test is back down to 6.5!

Again proof that another of those things that are improved by eating less and moving more are improved by eating less and moving more. Sigh.

Replies

• sugargrammy45
    sugargrammy45 Posts: 251 Member
    You wrote in your title that the scale had something to do with it. May I please say that if you had not been doing what you were supposed to be doing, the scale would have nothing to do with it. Please do not minimize all the amazing and wonderful work you have done. I don't know you but I am so proud of you and what you have done!!
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Congratulations on your amazing progress! Hope your health just continues to improve. I would also like to take this opportunity to say I often enjoy your posts, as you have great insights.
  • pandry15
    pandry15 Posts: 11 Member
    many type 2 diabetics (not all) can reverse the disease with diet and exercise... let's not help out the drug makers anymore than they need! Great work Heidi!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,040 Member
    Congrats ... I am a type 2 diabetic .... My A1c was at 8.1 .... now it is at 6.1 :)
  • callriter
    callriter Posts: 84 Member
    November 30th my A1c was 11.4 - lots of quarantine eating and drinking. My wife was bored and started baking. Enough of the excuses.... I decided to get back on MFP and track what I was eating. Amazing how much lettuce, arugula and spinach you can eat without breaking 100 calories. Long story short, yesterday went to the doctor and they took my A1c and it was down to 7.7. Doctor said whatever you're doing just keep doing it. In the month and a half back on MFP I also have lost 18 pounds.
  • Ddsb11
    Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    You are seriously one of my absolute favorite people here. Love to see the good news, and sigh is right lol.
  • suzij27
    suzij27 Posts: 199 Member
    That is great work. Thatistry inspirational.
    Again proof that another of those things that are improved by eating less and moving more are improved by eating less and moving more. Sigh.

Yet, somehow we forget or get side tracked! It always does come back to that. When I do the work, the results follow.

• drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    Well done!

I had a similar result - mine fell from 6.5% to 5.3%, and avoided the needed for drugs for it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!