Thank you!

Options
I’m new to this group, but I’ve been reading through the posts & I just wanted to say thank you all so much for sharing your stories.

I can see myself in so many of them. The tight wedding rings, the highest weight since pregnancy, Covid lockdown weight gain.. it makes me not feel alone or ashamed at where I am. I appreciate your honesty so much.

I’m seeing some good progress right now & I just wanted to share that in case it can help anyone else.

My starting weight was 214
Current weight is 197
Goal weight is somewhere around 150-160
I’m 5’8 or 5’9... hilariously, my husband, my mom, & I debate my height all the time to the point that I seriously don’t remember how tall I am.. but now I think it’s more fun to keep the game up with them, then to actually measure myself. 😂

Full transparency, I am working with a doctor, since my stats put me in the “obese” category for the first time in my life. I am on medication & supplements, but the plan does NOT work without diet & exercise.

So here it is:
I eat 1200 calories per day
Drink 100 ounces of water minimum
Focus on protein (as the only macro I have to worry about) & keep my protein above 90 grams per day.

For exercise, I do Peloton 4-6 days per week or as much as I can.

A couple of Non Scale Victories.. my rings fit comfortably again & I no longer have to wear a compression layer to get into my jeans.

After years and years of crash dieting, and ending up higher than ever before, I’m finally in it for the long haul.. slow and steady.. a way I’ve NEVER done it before.

Thank you again for creating this group & I look forward to supporting anyone I can & cheering for your success.

Replies

• slade51
    slade51 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Don’t just rely on the scale. As you exercise you tone up. I haven’t lost much weight in the past 6 months but still (happily) had to replace clothes that got too big. My belts in particular were fun to watch as I went from the highest hole down to the lowest.
  • Matty_Bowman
    Matty_Bowman Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have your mission well in control! Love those numbers and I know you can do this. Your goals are totally reasonable and I believe you have the attitude and positive good vibe to do this! Love it! Friend me and let's do this!
  • abmage
    abmage Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I don’t know how this became a post on its own.. it was supposed to be a comment to someone else’s. 😊