NEED HELP!

Options
I’m trying to loose weight so I eat about 1100-1200 calories a day. My schedule is I have leg day Sunday and Thursday. Chest and back day Monday and Friday. Arms and shoulders Tuesday and Saturday. I go to the gym and use the machines doing multiple sets with 15 reps. I also use the dumbbells and I do squats multiple sets of 15 reps. Then I walk a mile on a incline of 5 speed of 3 everyday. But when will I start seeing pounds go away?

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    hope7303 wrote: »
    I’m trying to loose weight so I eat about 1100-1200 calories a day. My schedule is I have leg day Sunday and Thursday. Chest and back day Monday and Friday. Arms and shoulders Tuesday and Saturday. I go to the gym and use the machines doing multiple sets with 15 reps. I also use the dumbbells and I do squats multiple sets of 15 reps. Then I walk a mile on a incline of 5 speed of 3 everyday. But when will I start seeing pounds go away?

How long have you been doing your workout routine? (New and progressive training can cause water retention, masking fat loss).

Secondly 1200 calories is the lowest you should go as a female (if you're working out on top of that then you definitely should not be eating any lower than 1200 + exercise calories. It won't make you lose the pounds quicker but it will mean you're getting adequate nutrition and are more likely to stick to your weight loss plan longer.

If you have significant weight to lose and are average height, not elderly and are getting a 1200 calorie goal then chances are you have picked too aggressive a rate of loss and/or the wrong activity level (most people who pick Sedentary aren't).
    8cgo2sj1zju8.jpg

• hope7303
    hope7303 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 it’s been a week so far. I know that’s not a lot of time I just thought I would lose even a little but I haven’t lost any. I want to loose about 35 to 40 pounds maybe a little more. So does that mean I only eat 500 calories per day or I subtract that?
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,349 Member
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 it’s been a week so far. I know that’s not a lot of time I just thought I would lose even a little but I haven’t lost any. I want to loose about 35 to 40 pounds maybe a little more. So does that mean I only eat 500 calories per day or I subtract that?

Subtract that from your BMR (basal metabolic rate), which is how much your body burns every day just by existing. MFP does this calculation for you. So the real purpose of that table was to show you how quickly you should be able to lose weight in a healthy way. If you want to lose 35-40 lbs, aim to lose 1 lb/week.
  • thisvickyruns
    thisvickyruns Posts: 193 Member
    Options

Subtract that from your BMR (basal metabolic rate), which is how much your body burns every day just by existing. MFP does this calculation for you. So the real purpose of that table was to show you how quickly you should be able to lose weight in a healthy way. If you want to lose 35-40 lbs, aim to lose 1 lb/week.

Subtract from your TDEE, not BMR
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,349 Member
    Options

Subtract from your TDEE, not BMR

YES. My apologies. Please use your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure). I have to double check myself before I post things. Thank you for catching that.
  • Jfoley3501
    Jfoley3501 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    you also need to look at your macros protein to carb intake how much protein you should be eating for your workout there was a good article about macros on MFP that gives the calculation I should be at around 100 grams of protein every day based on my age height and weight. I found this calculator helpful

https://www.calculator.net/protein-calculator.html?ctype=standard&cage=38&csex=m&cheightfeet=5&cheightinch=4&cpound=160&cheightmeter=180&ckg=60&cactivity=1.375&cmop=0&cformula=m&cfatpct=20&printit=0&x=70&y=23
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options

If you're using MFP to set your goal you don't deduct anything, it already takes your deficit into account just make sure you are set to 1lb loss per week. You'd only deduct anything if you're manually calculating your calorie goal using the TDEE method.

1 week is nowhere near enough time to see progress, you need 4-6 weeks of data.