Which workout program to get? Beach Body products?

Options
So, once I finish 30DS (just did day 18), I want to move into another program. I just don't know which one would be the best fit for me. I'm 178 lbs and somewhat of a weakling, especially in my upper body (i.e. I have to do modified pushups on my knees, 5 lb shoulder raises really burn after a few seconds). I need to build up some muscle but I really need to lose some fat too. My heart rate quickly goes to 85% of my max and higher within minutes of doing cardio. That doesn't bother me...just to say that any intense cardio workout might tire me out before the program is over, LOL. I can handle the 30DS right now but after the 20 mins I'm soaked and need a break before I get into my brisk walk cardio routine that I do afterwards.

My husband has P90X, so that is one program I wouldn't have to purchase...but I'm not sure if that's the program for me just yet. I'm just not sure if I could handle it. I will give whatever program I do my all...but I also don't want to feel defeated and wiped out and not motivated to keep doing each day.

So knowing all of this...what suggestions do you experienced MFPers have for me?? I know I'm not going to get overnight results...but I would love some accelerated results from a motivating program. :o)

Replies

• sclarke76
    Options
    hi ive done the 30ds with great results and ive started alternating this with p90x ab ripper with it only eing 40 mins its a great work out but it did hurt on the first day x x good luck in watever you choose to do next x x
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Id say give the p90x a try-I went from 30 DS to p90x-I still have to modify on certain push-ups, etc but I still push my way through it. I like the results I've obtained so far too-also I think it helps that my husband is doing it w/ me too-we keep each other going-mayne yours could do the same? If you follow the diet plan you should not be too tired or wiped out from it-your endurance will build too
  • klkopa
    klkopa Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I started with Jillians Ripped in 30 and wanted to move to something more intense so I went with TurboFire for my programs I have tried my husband's P90X but it wasn't really for me. I thought the workouts were too long and I didn't have a good set of weights to use for the lifting days. I love the Turbo Fire workouts because they are mostly really fun cardio, like kickboxing mixed with dance. It's high intensity so I'm always around 85% of my max HR though so keep that in mind. Ive heard the chalean extreme is good for building muscle, but I haven't tried it yet. You have to find something that is going to keep you motivated and not dreading working out. Youtube the workouts and see what you think of the various programs.
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Hi I am also doing 30DS and have 10 days left. After that I am going to give turbofire a go as I have read some good reviews on it.
  • grammystef26
    grammystef26 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Go for the p90x you will build strength and endurance in all areas of your fitness. The idea is to "do your best". In time you will see result and strength gains. Good Luck
  • Maura5
    Options
    I'd like to recommend Beachbody's Slim in Six &/or ChaLean Extreme. I've done them both & really like them. Both can be modified to be lower impact/lower weights. ChaLean Extreme comes with a great guide book, a cookbook, a leg band & a resistance band. Pretty much all you need to start. You're making great progress! I wish you continued success :-)
  • jamielynn1981
    jamielynn1981 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    ChaLEAN Extreme is my absolute favorite strength training program! I used it for over a year mixing it with different programs like Turbofire and seen great results with it. Now after doing a year of that I am in the middle of P90X, but I can say that I wouldn't have been prepared for P90X if I wouldn't have completed ChaLEAN Extreme first. If you are feeling frisky though, then go for P90X!!!
  • Thankilates
    Thankilates Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have ALL of the BB products but Insanity due to my bad knee. I have the best results with Turbo Fire and also mixing in Charlean Extreme! BBL is fun too, but Turbo Fire for cardio is amazing. There are also 2 toning/sculpting dvds too! :) Or if you want to go the cheaper route, turbo jams is a bit older but i LOVED it and still use some of them! :) Good luck
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Is it safe to buy either Chalean Extreme or Turbo Fire on ebay or does anyone have a used set they want to sell? About how much should I expect to spend for either program (used)? Thanks for the suggestions guys!
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I recommend TurboFire for sure! I started this when I hadn't ever really worked out much before, had barely any muscle, and I am totally happy with how far I've come, the results in my abs and legs, as well as the weight loss. And when I started, I could not even get through the first 30 minute dvd. The idea though, is to keep pushing through it, go at your own pace, use the modifications when you need to, and before you know it, you'll be blowing through them like they are nothing! I bought ChaLEAN Extreme once I finished 90 days of TF, and I did it for a while, quit, and will now be starting it again hopefully next week. I lost a total of about 7 inches all around after just 30 days of CLX, so I highly recommend that one as well if you want more strength training vs. cardio.

I'm not sure how much they would be used-- I bought mine at full price because my good friend is a beachbody coach and I wanted to support her and have her support me.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my turbo fire, chalean extreme and turbo jam. I want to get p90x and insanity next.

Jade- all I am going to say is watch out buying it used off ebay. I did that once and some of the discs skipped and I had no where to turn for help. I ended up having to buy it through beachbody who does give that money back promise. I am doing Turbo Fire/ClX hybrid and I LOVE it and the results I have gotten. Let me know if you want to know anything about the workouts I would love to support ya :)