Really struggling

Options
I really need some help. I lost 5 stone with slimming world in the UK took me 2-3 years so slow and steady then I put 2 stone back on and since then have got into this awful starve binge cycle I have found that if I don’t eat for 24hrs then stick to 1000 calories a day I can loose about 2 stone in a few weeks. I still have a good 6 stone to loose to get to my goal. The problem. Is for the last 3 weeks I’ve been not eating until 2pm and the bingeing on sweet sugary things until bedtime. I feel so uncomfortable but I think in my head I know if I starve for a week or two the weight falls off again. I’m not taking good care of myself. Everything is so uncertain and my job ends a week Friday so the worry of that and covid and not seeing my friends and family I just don’t know how to get a grip. When I starve myself I feel good and have energy and I still eat each day but as I say only about 1000 calories. Any advice would be great. Thank you x

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Binge and starve. Binge and starve.

Because you are not eating enough to sustain a toddler, you get really hungry. Stop doing that.

Pick a reasonable calorie deficit and stick to it. Your weight is not going to come off on two weeks time. Losing weight is not a sprint but a marathon. Think about the big picture.

You can do this!
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,468 Member
    Options
    Step back. Use the MFP calculators to figure your maintenance number for where you are right now. Plan a menu that hits your daily number. Get a food scale to crunch the numbers. Weigh everything you eat. Measure liquids. Log everything into your food diary. After a few weeks, when you have a routine in place, calculate a calorie deficit to lose 1/2 to 1 lb per week. When you have the scale going in a downward trend, ride the trend. When you have to adjust, make small adjustments over time until you get the downward trend going again. Stay at it long enough and you will get to goal.

If nothing else, please believe this- trying to lose even one stone in a few weeks is what is keeping you from making progress. Weight loss is 2 parts- a calorie deficit and living with it. Unless you are planning to eat 1000 calories per day of the rest of your life you are wasting your effort with that. A drastic plan that we cannot stick to is just not a good plan.

In the end we have to find ways to live with some reasonable limits. Just trying to make the scale go down isn’t enough for long term success. Good luck.
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Stop the binge & starve. Learn about portions. Work whatever it is into allotted calories. I lost weight & still ate "bad" things like potato chips & sweets, just in smaller amounts
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I want to start off by saying I understand being desperate to lose weight and wanting to lose it fast. I get it. But what you're doing isn't sustainable and you're not being kind to yourself and your body. The fact is that healthy weight loss takes time and patience. I wish it didn't but it does. You'll feel much better and be able to stick with your plan if you use the calculators on this site to figure out your daily calorie goal. Give it a try and give it time.