NEW ME!!!

Options
Hello All,
I am a mother of one. She is three yrs old. I have had enough and want to lose weight. I have been walking/running for the past three weeks. I have not seen any results since `starting and decided to join a network that would aid me in this. However they have calculated that I will only lose 5 lbs. by Oct 15. Not Sure if that is right but does not seem like a lot. I am starting a food journal today and hopes this helps. Any help would help. Thanks!!!

Replies

• nakami
    nakami Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! This site helped me to lose 11 lbs so far :)
  • docHelen
    Options
    patience.....slow and steady is good and more likely to be permenant, and if you loose more than predicted then you'll be over the moon. make lots of friends and accept their support we are all doing this together and MFP works!
  • SlwNStdy
    Options
    Slow and steady will help keep excess skin away verses rapid weight loss
  • spoccer
    spoccer Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just started the site 10 days ago and lost 9 lbs the first week. The estimates on the site aren't the same as what you really accomplish - especially if you are exercising. I think that's what made the difference for me. Logging your food religiously is important.. it has made a huge difference as well. I find myself turning away from the late night snack so I don't go over in calorie counts. You can do it! Hang in there and keep posting!:flowerforyou:
  • RJSuperMan
    RJSuperMan Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I understand how you feel, but there's healthy weight loss and then there's unhealthy. Unhealthy ways will drop the pounds quickly, but then you'll hear (or may have experienced) the "yo-yo" stories. Depending on your starting size, about a pound a week shows serious commitment to change...

So good luck!
  • smallertopnotch
    Options
    Thanks guys... today I only went over 35 calories. I think that this will help because I felt that I didn’t want to come home and tell mama that I did wrong LOL.
  • char63
    char63 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm new here, I have always used meal replacement diets before and put all the weight I lost straight back on and then some more. This time I've opted for the sensible route and yes. It will take longer, but hopefully it will stay off. Good luck and add me if u like

Char