Looking for friends

Options
Hey All,

I posted about a week ago trying to find friends and it didn't work! I'm looking for people to do fun things with IE mini challenges, monthly goals that sort of thing, trying to find new ways to keep me motivated and engaged in this journey that we are all in.

Replies

• 23wife
    23wife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'd love to do challenges, etc! I need some help staying motivated!!
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    You can add me, I am always looking for friends with similar goals, we are about at the same point and have same goals. I am currently 269 and looking to be around 185-200.
  • mpcass
    Options
    You can add me if you want to. I might like a challenge every so often.
  • Lillylith
    Lillylith Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I also find it difficult to stay motivated. Life seems so busy at times. My current goal is to stay with my exercise program and to make myself honestly record. Have you already accomplished this goal?
  • iamahealthychick
    iamahealthychick Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You ca add me if you like. I have challenged myself a lot in the past couple of months since joining but could always use some new ideas.
  • kallibrae
    kallibrae Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :)
  • obstacleone
    Options
    I am having trouble recording what I put in, for exercising and for food intake. But when I do put it in I am being honest with what I have eaten or what I have accomplished via work outs.
    This is something I should be working on.
  • obstacleone
    Options
    And thanks for all the new friends, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and motivating each other to reach our goals together.
  • 23wife
    23wife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Do you have the Myfitnesspal app on your phone? I find it much easier (and quicker) to keep track of my food when I log it from my phone because I can add it from anywhere...plus it has this scanner feature that lets you scan the barcode on food for quick and easy adding (a feature I LOVE)...Plus the app lets me check myself throughout the day to keep myself more accountable. Hope this helps!! =)
  • obstacleone
    Options
    Do you have the Myfitnesspal app on your phone? I find it much easier (and quicker) to keep track of my food when I log it from my phone because I can add it from anywhere...plus it has this scanner feature that lets you scan the barcode on food for quick and easy adding (a feature I LOVE)...Plus the app lets me check myself throughout the day to keep myself more accountable. Hope this helps!! =)

I do have the app but I have a blackberry, I don't think the scanner bar feature applies to this app. I could be wrong though?
  • olso123
    olso123 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me.....I would be happy to give you support and help motivate you to reach your goals.
  • XtremeDon
    XtremeDon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What kind of phone do you have? I have a Blackberry and didn't notice a scan feature.
  • XtremeDon
    XtremeDon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've lost almsot 45 lbs. and wanting to keep it off. I've been exercising regularly for the last 90 days, running and pumping iron. I'd like to run a 5K and get the T-shirt. Anyone out there running that has any suggestions for increasing distances. I'm up to 4 miles 2-3 times a week. I run at least a mile every on tredmill.
  • Molly_Pitcher
    Molly_Pitcher Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey! Feel free to add me! I have the app on the iphone, but honestly never use the scan, it's pretty easy to just enter stuff manually!
    I don't really do the mini-challenges much, I just set my personal goals realy high (low calorie intake an hour of work out every day) and find that is a big enough challenge!!
  • krystico
    Options
    I'm always looking for motivation - and new friends! Friend me!
  • kristie_cla
    kristie_cla Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    A lot of people have metioned http://www.c25k.com/ to help with training for a 5k.