I've Got Deli Turkey and Low Carb Wraps

MsCzar
MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
edited January 2021 in Recipes
Ideas? The wraps have 80 calories each. The turkey is ~30 calories per 28g/1 oz. I'd like to keep it under 350 calories. I don't mind a bit of prep.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    So many options -

Turkey Club wrap

Cobb Turkey wrap

Waldorf wrap

Cranberry Turkey wrap
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited January 2021
    I eat turkey wrap every day.

My basic one is just the wrap, 30-50 cal of turkey, onion, tomato, lettuce, pickle or banana peppers, spicy or dijon mustard and everything bagel or taco seasoning. Huge wrap for 150 calories. You can even eat two of them.

If you want it to have more calories you can always add more turkey, a slice of cheese. I sometimes like to sprinkle grated parm because it packs tons of flavor for barely any calories.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    I like the turkey wrap with Dijon too. Broccoli sprouts, sliced radishes, and red onion. Under 200 calories. Sometimes some thinly sliced cheese. Still under 300 calories.
  • Penseller
    Penseller Posts: 2 Member
    I eat a turkey wrap for lunch EVERY SINGLE DAY. My favorite wraps are FlatOut Light Original, which have 10 grams of fiber and 90 calories. I use low sodium turkey, lettuce and about one teaspoon of mayonnaise. Delicious!
  • MsCzar
    Thanks all! What I learned today was that low carb wraps (or at least the brand I'd chosen) do not char into pliant flavour-enhanced wonders. It turns them brittle! Still, I enjoyed the classic cold turkey wrap with jalapeño mustard, grated carrot, lettuce, onion, 18g shredded cheddar, tomato and a dash of Italian dressing. 275 calories.

Does anyone use deli turkey in a wrap served warm?

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited January 2021
    MsCzar wrote: »
    Thanks all! What I learned today was that low carb wraps (or at least the brand I'd chosen) do not char into pliant flavour-enhanced wonders. It turns them brittle! Still, I enjoyed the classic cold turkey wrap with jalapeño mustard, grated carrot, lettuce, onion, 18g shredded cheddar, tomato and a dash of Italian dressing. 275 calories.

Does anyone use deli turkey in a wrap served warm?

That sounds delicious! I do when I’m home. I cook up bell pepper and onions with taco seasoning, Add sliced turkey to pan at end to give it some browning, put on wrap with hot sauce and lettuce then wrap up in tin foil and warm in the oven for a bit.

Also do this with my regular cold wraps, I just don’t heat them super long or the lettuce gets soggy.
  • MsCzar

That sounds delicious! I do when I’m home. I cook up bell pepper and onions with taco seasoning, Add sliced turkey to pan at end to give it some browning, put on wrap with hot sauce and lettuce then wrap up in tin foil and warm in the oven for a bit.

Also do this with my regular cold wraps, I just don’t heat them super long or the lettuce gets soggy.

That sounds goooood! I'll try that tomorrow morning since I prefer a hot breakfast. I'm out of peppers, but I may sub in the grated carrots. Thank you!

• cupcakeCravingsmom
    cupcakeCravingsmom Posts: 14 Member
    Wrap gym I worked at served - heat the Turkey dash of pepper can add a slice or little regular cheese melt it a little in a frying Pan gives it a nice heated mmm flavor (our restaurant warned it up) - add lettuce 🥬 (we didn’t use iceberg we used nice long green leafed lettuces to give it that delicious taste y look both), 🍅 tomato, onion 🧅 browned in a frying Pan , a dash of low fat mayo 35 cal or honey mustard look at labels there are ones as low as 5 or 15 cal. Can balance it out until it’s the calories you want that day.

I also would cook a wrap that was

Wrap - heated same as above Turkey dash of pepper - jalapeño heated in frying Pan! - cheese a tad - onion 🧅 y bell pepper browned

Spinach wrap took the wrap - Turkey dash of pepper (see a theme lol 😂 same heating instructions we used a lot of Pam cooking spray) - spinach heated in frying Pan put in wrap - browned onions 🧅- avocado 🥑- Turkey or regular bacon 1 slice

Rest were custom customers choose ingredients.
  • MsCzar
    Thanks! I'll try that for breakfast tomorrow.