Body Image Issues

Options
2»

Replies

• Meg2012
    Meg2012 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Nope. If anything I think I am more attractive than I actually am, and am very put out when others don't agree.

Aren't you the lucky one? :) I love those days when I *know* I'm hot. But it doesn't always happen like that.
  • CaitlinMyers428
    CaitlinMyers428 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I used to be very skinny. Then I started gaining weight which I didn't mind because I needed to gain weight. Then I got to the point that I felt disgusting. I got pregnant last year and gained 30 pounds. My baby is almost 9 months old and I still feel giant and gross. I don't like the person I see in the mirror. I want a skinny face and stomach. People tell me all that time that I don't need to lose weight and that I look great. I wish I could believe that!

HM - are there any "Baby & Me" type classes in your area? It can double a work out or a walk with time playing with the baby and socializing with other moms & babes.

I'm not sure. That would be cool though. I take my baby on walks in the stroller as much as possible and we play all day. :) I'm really working on it and hoping to accept my image when I get to my goal weight.
  • jallen67
    Options
    in highschool i was bullied because of my weight, even though i wasn't the biggest girl in my class. I started seeing myself that way as the "fat girl".... 2 yrs ago my neighbor/friend committed suicide, after that i told myself that i would start seeing myself in a better way. Life is too precious to think of yourself in that kind of way.

RIP Jacob!
  • Meg2012
    Options
    I hear "baby curls" where you're holding baby and using your arms to curl Baby up to your face are terrific! Babies love it too, they think you're playing.
  • Meg2012
    Options
    in highschool i was bullied because of my weight, even though i wasn't the biggest girl in my class. I started seeing myself that way as the "fat girl".... 2 yrs ago my neighbor/friend committed suicide, after that i told myself that i would start seeing myself in a better way. Life is too precious to think of yourself in that kind of way.

RIP Jacob!

Wow that's horrible, no one should go through that. My cousin was obese already in HS, but she was voted Homecoming Queen. Yet others were teased about their weight. Seeing yourself in a better way is awesome.

With every step you make to be mentally and physically healthier, you can even dedicate it to your friend, Jacob. Do the things he can't do, b/c he took himself out of the game.

I started dancing when I was younger, because one of my best friends was wheelchair bound. So I kind of did it for both of us. (Not quite the same, but you get what I'm referring to.)
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    CoCoMa - I so know what you're talking about! I have this "Inner size 5" which I haven't been since HS. I'll go pick something off the rack and it's either way too small or way too big. Isn't it funny the way our minds effect us? (I suspect that's one way we get heavy in the first place. It happens slowly, and we still "feel" like our old self, so we don't notice too much.)

For sure, I have always seen myself as a size 6-7!
  • Meg2012
    Options
    I guess we just need to make our outsides match a little closer to our insides!

I don't really want to be a size 5 though. I wouldn't mind 9.