underarm fat

Options
Does anyone know of any good exercise to get rid of underarm fat? I don't like wearing sleeveless blouses because the fat bulges out.

I think I needed to be more specific, My arms are not that big even though I do need to lose inches there but my armpit area for some wierd reason is really fat and bulgy

Replies

• Kassielin13
    Options
    bump bump bump! I would love to know myself. After losing 3 inches of arm fat it all just hangs!
  • calebespnsmommie
    calebespnsmommie Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    If you look on youtube.com you can find a TON of different exercises! I look there for videos whenever I want to change things up or look for something! Hope you find something you like!
  • skinnyjeans13
    Options
    Tricep kickbacks and dips are apparently the best!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    jog/run/walk with some light weights, and keep your arms up!!!!
  • brittg7
    brittg7 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    you need to work out your arms...push ups, pull ups, bicep curls, tricep extentions, skull crushers, cable curls, consetration curls...things along that line...

but you have to do weights along with cardio...and the weights should be HEAVY...no 5lbs db...they wont do **** for your arms your waisting your time if you do...
  • meesh202
    meesh202 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you get a bottle of water of some little weights, stand with your arm up above your head in the air and bend your elbow so that the weight is going down your back. If your arm needs a little support put your other hand supporting just under the elbow *kitten* it bends. Do this about 5 -10 repetitions on each arm daily and you should see a difference. Hope that I have explained this well.
  • blunderwhere
    blunderwhere Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    lol. I know it's not funny, but it is to me, in a way, I look like I have water wings at this point. The good news is that there are exercises out there and skin shrinks up more slowly than fat, but it does shrink up some. The bad news it, it just takes a long time. Oh well, better to fuss with water wing arms than an additional 68 pounds. Best of luck.
  • caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    Options
    thanks guys those are great tips
  • fas815
    Options
    Thanks, i needed this too. Gonna try the arms above the head with the weights goin down my back. I don't like (as my son says) my jelly arms. LOL
  • dieseljay74
    Options
    Unfortunately we can't spot reduce fat. But building some muscle will help tighten the area.
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    workout like a man- pushups, pullups, planks, bicep curls with heavier weights. I agree- check out youtube and see what you can find. You really gotta tire out those muscles Dont be afraid to get thos muscles built up because toned arms are super sexy.
  • jlucei7
    Options
    Lol you cant just target underarm fat- you can't really tell your body 'Hey, you! Use the fat cells in my arms first please!" It just doesn't work like that. The fat will get used up- just you can't pick the area it comes from. You can tone your muscles in a certain area, and it helps to build lean muscle to burn fat faster. Sorry to be such a downer....
  • caroln3
    Options
    I just found out on youtube that it's called "tank toppers" LOL, that even some thin people have it, and you can get it removed with liposuction :(
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I always thought it odd that people called the under arms "arm pits" because a pit would mean it was concave, and mine have always been convex, lol I would see deoderant commercials and think "why are they sunken in like that??
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • caroln3
    Options
    I always thought it odd that people called the under arms "arm pits" because a pit would mean it was concave, and mine have always been convex, lol I would see deoderant commercials and think "why are they sunken in like that??

omg! I would thing the exact same thing, mine is an arm dome lmao
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if it's really hanging loose, then it's either excess body fat and/or loose skin. If it's fat, there's no exercise you can do to spot reduce it. If it's loose skin, then it will hang there unless it retracts or you have it surgically removed.