Looking for extra motivation!

Options
Hi,
I’m a shift working nurse, mama of two and part time student. Looking for some motivation to get back on track. :) Would love new friends!

Replies

• judowolf
    judowolf Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi Hope, I'm a daily logger, not sure if accurate is 100% true, but I'm just a few days past hitting my 200 day streak...good luck on your journey and you're more than welcome to add me if you'd like
  • sean_ct
    sean_ct Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Much respect to you and all nurses!
  • dkfranklin1
    dkfranklin1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hats off to you and all nurses! I am a recent Noom user and did really well, lost 55lbs. It was time to cancel Noom due to finances, and over the holidays I put about 5lbs back on. I've heard good things about myfitnesspal and am looking to get back on track with diet and exercise, I'm missing the accountability piece. Good luck on your journey!
  • KatyP86
    KatyP86 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Heyy! Feel free to add me 😊 I'm actively on everyday and would love to be supportive!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    hopedwells wrote: »
    Hi,
    I’m a shift working nurse, mama of two and part time student. Looking for some motivation to get back on track. :) Would love new friends!

I use to work night shifts, it was a lot harder to stay in shape than I thought it would be. I found that it helped if I made myself take breaks to go outside. I worked on the top floor of a six story warehouse and took the stairs. You may not work on the sixth floor but perhaps you could find a co-worker to take walks with. Also, try doing wall squats when you can. There are a lot of exercises you can do in the work place, you can even make a game of it with your co-workers.

Feel free to add me if you would like. I do like to be supportive of others.