FitBit Challenges

These fitbit challenges are really working me out. Trying to win is forcing me and my challenge mates to put in work.... have you tried any?

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member
    I did a fair number of them over the spring /summer and really enjoyed them.

The problem is that my focus is on lifting and getting stronger, and the Fitbit is about steps and distance. I have found that I often sacrifice strength training to get my steps in, so if I am pushing hard to slay the steps, I don't get the lifts I want. (both from and energy and available time perspective).

Hurting my ankle after a 250 mile challenge pushed be back into lifting again, and now my step count is back in the toilet. Haha

They really do work though!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    I really liked the bingo games when I had a free month of FitBit Premium. They’re especially good because they’re tailored to your exercise level rather than being the same for everyone. I would find myself going out of my way to be the first to finish them.

Problem right now is that lockdown means every step is intentional exercise for me at the moment, what with no walking to work as I normally would, so the goals are harder to meet.
  • MLBless
    MLBless Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2021
    I feel your pain @KickassAmazon76 I love lifting. Recently got into a car accident and can't lift for the moment so I've just been working my way back. But this upcoming week in going to be using Crossrope program along with lifting to see how it feels.

• MLBless
    MLBless Posts: 8 Member
    @Oishii the bingo challenge is my absolute favorite also. Intentional workouts can be fun once planned😁