Is this dress ok for a wedding?

Options
sassylilmama
sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
Hubby wants me to wear the dress in my profile pic to a friends wedding tonight. I had another not so sexy dress picked out. The wedding is at 6 if that makes any difference. Just not sure if it is too much, too sexy etc for a wedding. Thanks for any opinions good or bad :)

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    It's perfectly fine, IMO
  • Sevhera
    Options
    it's definitely appropriate for a wedding!
  • Pancake86
    Options
    For evening its fine, if you feel to sexy wear the dress you picked before as you wanna feel comfy!!
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Yep, looks good to me. :happy:
  • MamaLizMartinez
    Options
    I think it's fine, especially that it's an evening wedding!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    You can't go wrong with a LBD. DH is right you should wear it, you look fabulous!
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I don't see a problem with it.
  • minewlife
    minewlife Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    perfect for a wedding. black evening and you look very classic and sexy.
  • squishysangel
    squishysangel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    looks great...if you are feeling a little underdressed throw a pashmina ove the shoulders and voila elegance
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Since it is a Saturday evening wedding, it is appropriate. You look great and your husband likes it, so go enjoy yourself!

(I would recommend bringing a wrap for the church and/or the ceremony (if not in a church))
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    looks great...if you are feeling a little underdressed throw a pashmina ove the shoulders and voila elegance

this! you look v nice!
  • felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I agree with squishysangel, a nice pashmina would work wonderfully!
  • ablueskier
    Options
    This is fine for an evening wedding. There will be women at the wedding that look inappropriate but it won't be you.
  • Shannonk507
    Shannonk507 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Looks great to me! You can bring a shoulder shawl (or whatever) if too uncomfortable or cold. Maybe those cute short-sleeved mid-riff jackets, too. Go for it and have a blast!
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Yes I think it's fantastic and it looks beautiful on you. Once upon a time I thought LBD's were wrong for weddings... But I've seen a TON of them at all the recent weddings I've been to.

Which is actually a great thing, because usually they are our most flattering dresses.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah! it's a lovely dress for a wedding reception. Don't you worry about it being too sexy. You got it girl, so flaunt it :wink:

A nice little pasmima for leaving in the evening... Stunning ensemble! :flowerforyou:
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful in that dress. Technically, however, etiquette says not to wear black to a wedding. . .
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    This is fine for an evening wedding. There will be women at the wedding that look inappropriate but it won't be you.

This is true. Take it from someone who works weddings and has been to almost 100 of them. that dress looks good, and there is bound to be someone who shows up in something that they shouldn't, and it won't be you.
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Very cute and it is appropriate Evening wear...
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful ! If the wedding is in a church you might want to consider a shawl or sweater to cover your shoulders.