Trying to share a recipe I entered

Hi all, I am very new here - week 2 - I created a recipe for last nights meal with all the right ingredients and measurements, however my partner cannot find this when we search it to add to his.
Can any one shed any light on how I do this before I start putting it all in his diary

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,959 Member
    First, go into your settings and make sure they can see your food diary from their account (you can do this by making your account public, or by making it accessible to friends and issuing and accepting a friend request from each other, or by making accessible by password and giving them the password).

Second, you log the recipe in your diary and they copy the meal from their diary to yours.

If you don't know how to do any of these steps, tell us whether you're using the website or an app, and if an app, which one (Android or Apple).
  • peta1772
    peta1772 Posts: 2 Member
    thank you so much - I have made sure my account is open to friends and he is my friend, I sent him the link to the recipe and it showed no food when opened.
    I have logged the recipe in my diary but still unsure how to get it to his.
    I am doing this using the website.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,959 Member
    edited January 2021
    peta1772 wrote: »
    thank you so much - I have made sure my account is open to friends and he is my friend, I sent him the link to the recipe and it showed no food when opened.
    I have logged the recipe in my diary but still unsure how to get it to his.
    I am doing this using the website.

Have him look at your diary on the web,* while he is logged in as himself. Beneath a meal where you have logged on the recipe, he clicks on "quick tools," then "copy to date," then he chooses the date and the meal. It will then show up in his diary.

In the (near) future he'll be able to log it directly from his own "recent" entries, or he can save the meal where he logged it as a "my meal" if you think it's something you might make again but not soon enough that it will still be in his recent foods.

If he chooses to save it as a meal, it might make sense to relog it in a blank meal at exactly one serving, if the amount he ate in the real entry wasn't exactly one serving, so that the size of his saved "my meal" will match the size of one serving in your recipes. To me, that would make it easier to log the meal and know how much the meal amount was. You can log half a meal, 1.32 servings of a meal, etc., just the way you do with foods.

I hope that's clear.

*Edited to add:
    He can look at your diary while logged in as himself by going to "Friends" from his home page and clicking on you, then on your profile page he should have the option "view diary."
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    edited January 2021
    I’m just going to add that he can’t copy/add your actual recipe from the recipe builder where you put in your ingredients.

He CAN copy (using all of the above instructions) the serving of the recipe from your diary to his diary (just as he can copy any other food entry from your diary to his diary). So he will have 1 serving of whatever you named your recipe showing up under his dinner diary (or whatever meal he copies it to). The food will then be listed in his recent foods so he can add it to another day (and change the serving size as needed).

The actual recipe builder entry with ingredients and so forth won’t be on his account anywhere. He’ll just have the food entered in his diary.