Sugar fix

Options
Coming out of the holidays I still have cravings for something sweet, usually dark chocolate. What is your go to sweet fix that doesn't put a wrench into your macros?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Apples are my fav, atm.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Yeah, fruit (often berries), although depending on your macros dark chocolate could be a decent choice. I really like this 88% dark chocolate that has only 180 cal, 10 g carbs (of which 4 g are fiber, 4 g are sugar), 16 g of fat (10 sat, however), and 3 g are protein. Unfortunately a serving is only 1/3 a bar, but they are pretty big bars. Even when somewhat low carbing that can fit in, although it would be more of an issue if you were low on protein or trying to cut fat.

If your issue is more trying to increase protein, obv protein bars or shakes might work for you.
  • BJM0970
    BJM0970 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    1 tbsp. of dark cocoa (10 calories) mixed into some greek yogurt w/ sweetner is good. I actually like to mix cocoa powder w/ powdered peanut flour in either yogurt or cottage cheese w/ sweetner too.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    As a treat each day for staying within my calorie budget, I have a piece of Dove dark chocolate Promises. 40 calories.
  • BJM0970
    BJM0970 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Papyrus3: interesting. I have cocoa and powdered peanut butter but would not have thought to pair with cottage cheese.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    make room in your calories for something sweet each day. there are no bad foods. if it can fit in your calories (and assuming you do not have a dietary/health restriction on sugar/carbs), there is nothing wrong with a bit of sweet each day.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    BJM0970 wrote: »
    Coming out of the holidays I still have cravings for something sweet, usually dark chocolate. What is your go to sweet fix that doesn't put a wrench into your macros?

Dark chocolate is one of my preferences...dark chocolate actually has some really good nutrition and is heavy in antioxidants.
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I eat something sweet almost every day. Actually most days I do eat a piece of chocolate. I just include it in my calorie intake. Maybe my experience is different from you - I really notice that I only need a few bites of something sweet to satisfy my sweet tooth.

I really like:
    Chocolove Xoxo Raspberry Dark Chocolate bars --- I break them up when I get home from shopping and freeze them so when I have it I eat 3 of the little squares.

Really any kind of dark chocolate bar that I can break up into a serving that ends up being somewhere between 40-70 calories...based on how the bar naturally breaks. I don't stress over it.

Harvest Crunch -- chocolate covered and carmelized black walnut chunks. ...... super good.

Ghirardelli chocolate squares.

the Dove dark chocolate squares.

Like...don't say to yourself you can't have sweet stuff because it's 'bad'.