syncing schwinn recumbant stationary bike with MFP

Options
I've gradually moved all of my fitness activities to MFP. Schwinn alleges that my new 270 recumbent bike will link to MFP. Nothing in the documentation explains how to do this (and Schwinn's online support wasn't helpful either) and some random fiddling with MFP hasn't reveal the answer. Any suggestions? The bike is great, as is MFP, and now if I can just the two to date.....

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    What connectivity does your bike have (ANT+ or Bluetooth perhaps?), how are you exporting data from it now?
    Using what app(s)?

There's a whole list of MFP compatible apps that can link to MFP, I use Strava which is very popular amongst cyclists.
  • gbafam
    gbafam Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    bluetooth. It's clear that MFP links to the schwinn 270, but how to do it is not explained.
  • sijomial
    Options
    gbafam wrote: »
    bluetooth. It's clear that MFP links to the schwinn 270, but how to do it is not explained.

How are you exporting data from your bike now?
    Does Schwinn provide an app to allow you to review your data?

You need to get the data off the bike as the first step in sending that data to MFP.

For example:
    I use a Wattbike indoor trainer. It has it's own app (Wattbike Hub) that allows me to capture and review my workout data via phone or browser.
    But that app isn't compatible with MyFitnessPal so I link Wattbike Hub to Strava and can then link from Strava to MFP (if I wanted to).

An alternative is I can link my Garmin bike computer to the Wattbike and then link onwards from Garmin Connect to MFP.
  • gbafam
    gbafam Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What's interesting about this is that both Schwinn and MFP affirm that Schwinn (apparently all Schwinn fitness products) are compatible and can be linked. Schwinn says nothing about this is to be accomplished, and the MFP website, beyond confirming the above, is silent as well. I view this as a Schwinn problem, not an MFP problem, but if I can take advantage of the intergration, I'd like to do so.
  • sijomial
    Options
    Did you miss my questions?
  • h82runbad
    h82runbad Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    There used to be a schwinn trainer app that would get the data from the bike; however, it is no longer available. Is there a way to connect MFP directly to the bike to get the data?
  • johnnylovesdeb
    johnnylovesdeb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Did anyone ever figure out the steps for doing this?
  • sijomial
    Options
    @johnnylovesdeb

Lots of people get data from lots of apps and equipment that no specific gateway to MyFitnessPal but the originator of this thread never gave the information that would have given the clues to provide the solution. (See my example upthread.....)

Tell us more about how you capture and export your workout data.