Just getting started...

Options
Hello! I'm Trisha and I am just starting to get serious about my weight loss goals. Prompted, of course, by my brother's wedding coming up in October! I work full time, go to school part time, and have 3 kids and a husband. I'm busy, so eating healthy is not the easiest thing for me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

Replies

• NattieBoomBattie
    Options
    Hi! Welcome! I think starting with MFP is a fantastic first step! :) It really is so easy and once you start paying attention to the calorie goals it gets much easier. You almost don't really have to think about it after a bit. The right choices just come naturally. :) Good luck!
  • Marcieb21
    Marcieb21 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Welcome! and good luck. I started this during the summer when I wasn't busy, and it was easy to log calories, but now that school has started I have found it a little more difficult. but I find I just have to put the time in to do it, even though I could be doing something else.
  • Was motivated to get healthier for an upcoming wedding too! I started walking again. I was amazed how this simple activity lifted my mood too! I need to plan for a goal after the wedding is over.
  • RBClay
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP, its a great program that calculates all for you. If you need any help message me and I will give you any info I know. Check out the recipe section, it has some great low cal recipes, and I have lots of low cal crockpot meals with easy steps and dinner will be ready for you because of your busy schedule it will be great for you. These recipes are easy and not a lot of ingrediants to make you have to shop to make. Good Luck on your MFP journey.
  • TrishaRN_74
    TrishaRN_74 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! What worries me most is that I'm starting to work nights on Monday...anyone know how much that messes with your metabolism? The last time I worked nights is when I really started gaining weight. :sad: