Hello!

Options
Hi everyone!
My name is Alyssa. This is my first time trying this. I am in desperate need to lose weight as it is affecting my health in serious ways. I could use some tips and motivators.
Thank you

Replies

• Drex_617
    Drex_617 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Set a goal each day and kick that goals *kitten*.. next day do it again.. it’ll add up to success!

You can do it
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,198 Member
    Options
    Hi, Alyssa, and welcome to MFP!

I think that motivators mostly come from within, via our own recognition of our personal "why" for weight loss. It sounds like your health is a key motivator, as it was for me. Even the beginning stages of weight loss can bring benefits: For me, both my blood pressure and cholesterol levels were coming down into the normal range well before I reached final goal weight.

Personally, I found it helpful to focus less on motivation (in the sense of willpower), and more on the process of establishing some new habits that would lead me in a healthier direction. One or two new habits at a time, keeping it manageable at each step, is a brick-by-brick way to build great success, permanent success, in my opinion.

A good MFP on-ramp is this post, which is from the "Most Helpful Posts" section (there's such a section each Community forum topic area, with great stuff in there!):

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

(Please don't be put off by the joke-y clickbait title. It's solid, serious information to help get you started.)

Wishing you much success!