SORE FEET

Options
I'm 50+ and have exercised on and off for years. I'm having trouble finding shoes that don't hurt my feet. I love to walk, both on the treadmill and outdoors, but find my feet hurt (BAD) afterward. Any suggestions on a good tennis shoe? I've tried several - the last ones are New Balance to the tune of $120. I'm not lovin em. :sad:

Replies

• dotimoc
    dotimoc Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm 50+ and have exercised on and off for years. I'm having trouble finding shoes that don't hurt my feet. I love to walk, both on the treadmill and outdoors, but find my feet hurt (BAD) afterward. Any suggestions on a good tennis shoe? I've tried several - the last ones are New Balance to the tune of $120. I'm not lovin em. :sad:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    are you walking more than usual all of a sudden? when I started my feet hurt also and I kept changin shoes but it wasnt the shoes...my feet just werent used to the new activity....now all is fine

and I use New Balance as well...great shoes
  • dotimoc
    dotimoc Posts: 5
    Options
    I've ramped it up a bit, but when I wear my OLD OLD shoes, they don't hurt like my newer versions.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I've ramped it up a bit, but when I wear my OLD OLD shoes, they don't hurt like my newer versions.

ok I got it...
    wear the old old ones...

my work here is done
    good luck
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    this might sound weird, but are you sure you're wearing the right size shoes? for years i wasn't, and had pain with new shoes because they hadn't yet stretched to accommodate my giant feet. i finally went to a podiatrist and she told me to buy wider shoes. if you're certain about your size, zappos.com has great customer reviews that might be helpful too. happy shoe shopping!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    u need to wear the new ones for a few days while not doing excercise to break them in
  • mgeek40
    mgeek40 Posts: 36
    Options
    Find a Runner's store and they will check you out a recommend the best shoes for you.