HEY YOU🤓 What Got You UP So Late?

Options
Want to know if im the only thats up late and cant sleep. Whats keeping you up??

Add me if anyone wants would love new friends.

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options
    That was pretty normal time for me - I'm in Ireland so that's like first coffee break time in the working day :smile:
  • SmorganA28
    SmorganA28 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That was pretty normal time for me - I'm in Ireland so that's like first coffee break time in the working day :smile:

Ohh ok cause of the time difference huh. How is it in Ireland
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Tinnitus 👂 🔔

Ugh....
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

We're in lockdown at the moment, so a bit boring. Limited to exercise within 5km radius of home and only allowed to attend workplace if you're an essential worker (I am but we're staffing the office on a roster and working from home rest of the time). Very much looking forward to when the evenings start to brighten a little.
  • SmorganA28
    Options
    fstrickl wrote: »
    Tinnitus 👂 🔔

Ugh....

Whats tinnitus?
  • SmorganA28
    Options

We're in lockdown at the moment, so a bit boring. Limited to exercise within 5km radius of home and only allowed to attend workplace if you're an essential worker (I am but we're staffing the office on a roster and working from home rest of the time). Very much looking forward to when the evenings start to brighten a little.

Ohh man seems like you guys are in a tighter look down than here. In California its not as strict as it was. More ppl are going out again and stuff
  • HerNameIsMischief
    HerNameIsMischief Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Still not tired. Was reading some article about Christina Ricci and how she has a restraining order against her husband. People commented on a picture of the two of them, how tiny she was and how frightened she must have been by her husband, who is probably a few inches shorter than me. I'm already feeling depressed about how I look and it makes me feel even worse knowing that they'd see me as even bigger than him. But I'm a guy and so for me to hate being big is heresy. What's really awful is the only women I attract are large ones who like me because I offset their own size and make them feel small....and I'm supposed to feel proud about that.

I know I can lose weight but I just wish there was a way for me to hide how I look, mostly my height. I want to date so badly, but I don't want to date someone who has to settle for a big bald guy like me. It's gross.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

Ohh man seems like you guys are in a tighter look down than here. In California its not as strict as it was. More ppl are going out again and stuff

Yeah we had quite a restriction-free Christmas which many people took advantage of so out numbers rocketed up in the New Year.

I expect we'll be in lockdown til the end of Feb at least. It's only the exercise radius that bothers me, I'd be ok if we were restricted to County even so I could get to the sea/mountains.

Tinnitus is an ear condition (ringing in the ears).

• tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Still not tired. Was reading some article about Christina Ricci and how she has a restraining order against her husband. People commented on a picture of the two of them, how tiny she was and how frightened she must have been by her husband, who is probably a few inches shorter than me. I'm already feeling depressed about how I look and it makes me feel even worse knowing that they'd see me as even bigger than him. But I'm a guy and so for me to hate being big is heresy. What's really awful is the only women I attract are large ones who like me because I offset their own size and make them feel small....and I'm supposed to feel proud about that.

I know I can lose weight but I just wish there was a way for me to hide how I look, mostly my height. I want to date so badly, but I don't want to date someone who has to settle for a big bald guy like me. It's gross.

Imagine in Christina Ricci's case they were more commenting on the fact that there was a cause for a restraining order than his height alone.

She obviously wasn't frightened by him when she was first attracted to him.

Can't expect people to love you, if you don't love yourself. Maybe something you should work on?

What's one thing you do like about yourself physically?
  • HerNameIsMischief
    HerNameIsMischief Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I don't want to love myself this way. I wish people didn't notice it and it wasn't always a part of why someone does find me attractive if they do. I was feeling a bit more down last night than I am now, but it still bothers me that I can't change this and have to live with the rude comments.

I have nice eyes, though usually when people compliment me on them, I usually say something like "Heh, saying someone has nice eyes is what you say when there's nothing else attractive about them. Who has ugly eyes?"
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    I don't want to love myself this way. I wish people didn't notice it and it wasn't always a part of why someone does find me attractive if they do. I was feeling a bit more down last night than I am now, but it still bothers me that I can't change this and have to live with the rude comments.

I have nice eyes, though usually when people compliment me on them, I usually say something like "Heh, saying someone has nice eyes is what you say when there's nothing else attractive about them. Who has ugly eyes?"

I feel very sad that you don't feel you deserve to love yourself as you are. Even when we're not at our best physically and have improvements to make, we shouldn't feel like we don't deserve to be happy/loved. We are more than the fat we carry, our looks and our self-perceived faults.

I am also terrible at accepting compliments but trying to get better at it, I'm a Brit so my default setting is self-deprecating humour and sarcasm.

One of the parts of my body I would most like to improve is my thigh/hip area - it's where I carry the majority of my excess fat, but that said, I have a lot of appreciation for these areas too - if these areas were not as chunky as they are I wouldn't be able to walk/dance for so long, my slimmer less fit friends often tire before I do, I would not have the strength in my legs to row the way that I do (competetively) and more importantly I never have to worry about dropping my phone in the toilet if I am scrolling and lose my grip on it 😂

• SmorganA28
    Options

Im so sorry you feel that way about yourself and sorry you think people see you that way as well. Just be patient there will be someone thats just right for you no matter what your or they look like as long as they have a good heart. First you have to love yourself and what makes you, you which is the hardest thing. But give it time and you will get where you want to be😊🖤