Just beginning

Options
I am just starting with this and want to track my food intake. I feel like I can do better if I track it. I know I can type faster and the resources in regards to foods is here so this seems like a great place to start.
The goal is to be fitting in some nice clothes for the summer.
Looking forward to creating a win here!

Replies

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    Since you are wanting to track your food - if you don't already have one, get yourself a food scale! Don't rely on 'eyeballing' portions or using measuring cups/spoons.
    Exciting to begin! This is a great site - lots of really knowledgeable helpful individuals here😁
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,293 Member
    Options
    Tracking for sure is the very best first thing to do to get a handle on what's going in. I echo what @PAPYRUS3 said about the food scale. Using measuring spoons and scoops won't be anywhere nearly as accurate. Even without the scale, if you are honest with YOURSELF about logging everything, you'll have a good starting point.

This is kind of how I started too. Not on MFP, but on a USDA site. Just trying to document what I ate. You can't manage what you can't measure. That food scale? It's a better measuring tool. Small steps are good. Keep track. You can do this. At some point, maybe you'll decide that you want to try to make a change to what or how much you're eating. Tracking is a GREAT first step.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Welcome verrips! You’re in a good place to achieve that goal!
  • Arawra90
    Arawra90 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I agree, I do so much better when I track and meal prep. I make a plan for the next day and it helps me stick to it. I make adjustments here and there but I am generally able to follow my plans. Good luck!