Hi Everyone - 2021 will be my year

Hi, my name is Deborah and I have declared 2021 is the year I get the rest of my *kitten* together lol

In 2018 a long term relationship ended (due to his infidelity) which totally blindsided me and left me broken. I had just turned 50.

Over the next few years I started a FB blog (A year of living sinfully) to help work through the emotional heartbreak and anger, and I have slowly re-built my life. All except for my weight which has ballooned due to emotional eating.

So this year is MY YEAR to finally take back my life - and feel happy in my own skin.

I would be grateful for support from fellow myfitnesspal users and I am happy to return that support back to you.

Deb

Replies

• PremGandhi
    PremGandhi Posts: 115 Member
    It will be yours indeed. Don't be too hard on yourself. Whatever we do in life is based on what the situation demands and what the circumstances allow so sometimes it goes the wrong way. Stay strong and keep yourself motivated. You will find a lot of people to support you. Hopefully you will find people that will help you with the emotions and you will overcome emotional eating.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,124 Member
    I had a long term relationship ended in 2018 too. I'm still grieving. It sucks. It wasn't THAT long. Just 13 years.

What goals have you set for yourself here on MFP? What strategies are you putting in place to assure your success?

• virgill
    virgill Posts: 4 Member
    I have started working with a personal trainer, so my goals are long term at the moment (baby steps). But I am hoping to loose 1/2 to 1 kilo per week and concentrate on strengthen my body so I dont feel my age so much.
    13 years is a long time - I was strung along for 15 - the cheating was just the last straw.