I'm New

Options
Hello My name is Joy and I ready for the part of my new journey I'm 53 just became a new Yaya to a precious grandson I have been on the diet roller coaster and tired. I have been told with me have Hashimoto I would not be able to lose weight but I'm ready to set them straight and show them this Grandma can. Any anyone has any tips please send them my way I get burned out really easily because I don't like Fish so it pretty much leaves me with Chicken ugh it gets old so please let me know what has worked for you. Thanks in advance So here I go so EXCITED!!!

Replies

• forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    Welcome Joy!
    Is there a reason you feel you have to stick to just fish or chicken?
    I think one of the keys of a successful long-term health plan is finding healthy foods that you love to eat. I think it’s also having everything you love in moderation and keeping accountable as to what you eat and how much via logging daily.
    One thing I refuse to do is to make myself eat foods I dislike simply because they are healthy. For example, I greatly dislike lettuce which eliminates leafy green salads for the most part for me. So instead I put spinach into all of my soups, stews and smoothies. It’s all a matter of finding what you like!
    Good luck on your journey and congrats on becoming a Yaya💕💕💕