Need support starting over, again

Options
I have gained 62 lbs since March 2020. I had Covid, was given steroids and ballooned 41 lbs of that. I'm trying to get into that motivated head space, but have found it incredibly difficult. I feel when we support each other, we hff have the best chance of success. Anybody want to share this journey with me? 🙂❤

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I had a COVID bump of about 20 lbs, on top of another 10 that had crept on over the previous 6 months.

Although I knew I had to do something about it, I really was not looking forward to weighing my food and logging honestly again. But when I started at the end of June, I was surprised at what a comfort it was. Eating mindfully and logging honestly felt like an act of self- care because it was something over which I had control in an otherwise very uncertain and turbulent time. Maybe thinking of it in that way can help :-)
  • noniemarie
    noniemarie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I gained 25lbs during lockdown. I used this site 7 years ago so when I entered my new measurements I was in for a shock. I have an additional 16 inches? I'm trying not to get discouraged on the first day back.
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I gained 30lbs this last year. I am also trying so hard to stay motivated. Would love it if you all would friend me. I need support too. We just have to hang in there.
  • Scallop25
    Scallop25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Gained quite a lot in lockdown and struggling to get rid of it, especially still working at home and my beloved gyms closed. Happy for people to add me, not sure I know how!
  • Rebe_Hawaii
    Rebe_Hawaii Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have gained 15 pounds since COVID lockdown started March 2020. I'm over 55 and very discouraged. I don't know how to use this site to add friends or join groups.
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I am here again. I was overweight before but have added 30 pounds since Covid. I would like to join this accountability group. I am having a terrible time controlling what I eat and I have no energy to do anything
  • 7rainbow
    7rainbow Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I've gained a bunch during lockdown too and am trying to lose it plus some I had before. Feel free to add me if you want a supportive friend!
  • SunSetTraveler
    SunSetTraveler Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Covid has really made the struggles to weight lose so much harder and because you can't really go anywhere what's left as an outlet...food! But then for me I just started feeling bad..bp and cholesterol is up no energy..so here I am starting again..I'm 5 days in so far so good I have about 50lbs to lose. I found this fun YouTube video takes 10 minutes and you can do it at home! (Sorry I don't know how to post it) but if you type in:
    Burn 10 walk at home fitness video with Leslie Sansone it will come up..best of luck to you all! 🌻