You Lost 4lbs So What?

Options
I've only shared that I lost 4lbs with a few of my intimate family. Most people don't get it. They think, hey it's only 4 lbs. What they don't understand is that I gained weight after my knee injury and surgeries. And that I had to reinvent myself due to my limitations. I used to be the highest jumper, the most extreme at everything I did. Now I have to be careful. It was a blow to my ego and I felt lost. So I ate and gained. They don't know I'm trying to learn to have a positive relationship with food and since January I've slowly changed my eating habits. It's been a very hard road. I went from frozen dinners, lots of treats, and zero fruits and veggies to organic whole foods and always trying new veggie recipes. So, here I am, 4 lbs lighter, happy in my lower impact world and eating for fuel, most of the time. Right now I'm allowing myself 1 super tasty treat a week. I'm 42 and ready to be stronger and more fit than I've ever been in my life.

Replies

• AimingHighWeighingLow
    Options
    Screw 'em!

Well done, have you ever held four pounds of butter...thats a huge deal! Well done!
  • eggmcg
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good for you! I'm delighted if I lose 1lb! Stick to people who make you feel better :smile:
  • KLi531
    KLi531 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Unfortunately, some people just don't get it...
  • texastango
    Options
    Where to start. What's important here is that you feel good about what you're doing. You're taking control and using your knowledge to effect change. That's no small task and as you know, starting is often the first difficultly encountered. You're motivated and your goal oriented. Lastly, you have a plan. That's a great formula for success and you'll find continued support from me. Tonight I went ballroom and then swing dancing. My swing dance friends hadn't seen be in about 3 weeks or more. I can't tell you how nice it was to have all the guys come up to me and comment. One actually said "Hey Skinny". About 10 people commented tonight and asked me what I was doing. 5 people downloaded MFP after seeing how I use it including my Ballroom instructor who is a palates instructor and 3 time United States Champion and my Latin Coach from New York who use to do Broadway chorreography. Everyone here has also been exceptional about providing feed back...and it all helps. So lets continue to be supportive. You only fail if you don't try or give up! Bruce
  • aalanclose
    aalanclose Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    4 of these

tumblr_lekvz4D9e01qg02jzo1_250.jpg

That is Awesome
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Screw 'em!
    Exactly!
  • lanaholt
    Options
    Thanks guys. Love the picture of the fat! Awesome!
  • aalanclose
    aalanclose Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    lol, i would go for gross over awesome. :)