Have you ever...?

...sat done to read some of the fine posts here, all about good nutrition and somebody's success with healthy eating, felt compelled to type a reply congratulating them on their success, encouraging to keep going, all this while you munch on a Magnum chocolate caramel ice cream bar in one hand while clumsily typing with the other...:) True story. Life is good.

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Well, not on here...

But, I can't watch the Biggest Loser on tv. For reasons I can NOT explain that show makes me want to eat and eat and eat and eat. I could seriously consume my entire days worth of calories while watching that show.

I don't know if it is watching them workout so hard or what, but all my common sense gets thrown right down the toilet while that show is on.

So. I don't watch it anymore. I'll watch Teen Mom instead - THAT one doesn't make me want to eat for the entire time it is on. ;)
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    I can't watch teen mom- that show depress me...but it's funny you say that watching Biggest loser makes you want to eat. That's how I feel about cooking shows, but when I do watch biggest loser it makes me want to work out at the gym alll day and the worst part is that half the time when I do go to the gym someone has the cooking show on so i'm working out and my mouth is watering. Lol
  • Elmaunie
    Elmaunie Posts: 78 Member
    Hahaha.... not a munching a magnum but countless times whilst slurping a large white wine!
  • alyaouellet
    alyaouellet Posts: 21 Member
    No, never.... But thought about it a lot my friend! :-)
  • Haha! That is hilarious...I have found myself in the exact same situation a few times....too funny!
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Well, not on here...

But, I can't watch the Biggest Loser on tv. For reasons I can NOT explain that show makes me want to eat and eat and eat and eat. I could seriously consume my entire days worth of calories while watching that show.

I don't know if it is watching them workout so hard or what, but all my common sense gets thrown right down the toilet while that show is on.

So. I don't watch it anymore. I'll watch Teen Mom instead - THAT one doesn't make me want to eat for the entire time it is on. ;)

That is so funny, I do the same thing! :laugh: What is up with that?
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,252 Member
    NO but what is funny is that the show man vs food will actually keep me from eating. One of my friends put it best she said we eat vicariously through him and thats why we dont get hungry watching that show. Oh and animal hoarders I get so grossed out that I cant eat if thats on
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    '

This, but with supersize me. We watched the movie, and I went out to McDonalds and bought a double hamburger and a large fry. Just thinking about the movie is making my mouth water

Then later in the year a girl gave a presentation on fast food and how unhealthy it is, and beforehand handed out small sized french fires to everyone. In a class of 27 girls, 5 guys, all the girls were disgusted, and couldnt eat the fries. Us 5 guys grabbed them all up and devoured them. One of the best days ever in that class
  • CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    done something similar.. but with organic peanut butter! yikes...
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    I used to eat ice cream or McDonald's and watch Biggest Loser. :laugh:
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    LOL!!!!

I can't say I have done that, but I have munched on dark chocolate. = )
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    NO but what is funny is that the show man vs food will actually keep me from eating. One of my friends put it best she said we eat vicariously through him and thats why we dont get hungry watching that show. Oh and animal hoarders I get so grossed out that I cant eat if thats on

Man vs food grosses me out. *shudders* I can not imagine having to consume some of the foods (okay, ALL of the foods) he consumes in the quantities he consumes!
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    That reminds me of a girl I used to work with. She takes a drag off her cigarette and then says, I don't eat red meat, that sh** is bad for you." exhale

Not that a magnum ice cream bar is the same as a cigarette but you know what I mean.