New to MyFitnessPal

Options
Hi, my name is Cheryl. I will be 45 years old in March, I have two grown young men and now have 3 grand babies and two more on the way. I have tried losing weight on my own since October 2020 and have lost 20 pounds but am holding at that and have been for a few weeks now. I want to get healthy for myself, my husband, my kids, and my grandkids. We have went and bought a stack home work out gym along with a rower that I will start tomorrow morning at 5:00 AM. I am determined to get this weight off from me and to feel better than I have in years.

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,227 Member
    Options
    Hi Cheryl,

It sounds like the first half of your life has been pretty good. Now it's time to make the second half even better! I think I was about your age or a little older when I decided it was time to make a change. It's a good thing.

Good job with the first twenty. Do you have a lot more to go? There's some great tools here to help you track your progress and make sure you continue. What short or long term goals are you setting for yourself that you can use MFP to aid with? In addition to tracking your food, there's a good community that can share your joys and failures along the way.

Welcome!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Great job losing 20 pounds so far!

Exercising is great, but calorie deficit is what you need for weight loss. What's your plan on the diet side of things?
  • Thearchybunker78
    Thearchybunker78 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Outstanding beginning! Welcome to the family!