Fitness tracker/watch

Options
Hi there,

I'm Cal from the UK very over weight and starting to take it seriously I have lost just over a stone in the couple of months but was wondering what is the best fitness tracker/ watch that works well with the app.

Thanks Cal

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Probably benefit from these comments then.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/45681625
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Not sure for the website, but on the android app you can see a list of compatible apps under Apps and Devices. Within the brands you see there, there are many different models. So you'll need to be more precise about what you want from your tracker and what your budget is for more precise advice.

Brands that are certainly supported: Garmin, Fitbit, Polar.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    There are pretty frequent problems between MFP and fitbit. It may be interesting to see if that changes as google takes charge of fitbit. If working with MFP is a big selling point to you I can say I have used garmin for several years now, and besides the hack early this year that had Garmin down for a week or so there have been very few issues between the two.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Garmin. If you want to save $$, buy a Vivoactive 3.
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I've had both Garmin and Fitbits. My Fitbits always have problems of some sort. I've actually had to get my Versa Lite replaced (for free, but still). It also doesn't sync to MFP no matter what I do. When this Fitbit dies, I'll probably go back to a Garmin.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit. When it works it works really well and reasonably accurate, however, and it is a big, however, they seem to have issues when they update. I am on my third charge 3 (two were replacements under warranty a couple of years ago.

Two issues seem to be prevalent at the moment on the fitbit forum. One is the screen going very dim for no reason or grey stripes appearing on the screen. My husbands device has gone dim and mine has the stripes although it is still working as it should the screen looks awful.

So I am trying to get a solution but just getting fobbed off with the usual "restart device" advice and "We will be in touch".

I have found fitbit customer service a bit lacking and very longwinded when dealing with complaints. Shame because it is a nice bit of kit when working properly. I would not recommend fitbit due to my own personal experience with them but I am sure people have had good experiences as well.