Trainers-HELP!

Options
I've lost 18 pounds so far, but not an inch off my waist! How can this be? (It's 34 inches right now, and I'm 5'3", 140 pounds)
I exercise 5-6 days a week, and I try to stay away from white flour(rice and potatoes) and sugar as much as possible. I also don't eat dairy since I'm allergic. I have been doing Jillian Michael's 6 week 6 pack for 4 weeks now (although not every day, because I have arthritis in my tailbone and it kills me to do it everyday!) I have been alternating between circuit training and running since the beginning of June. Thrilled about the weight loss, ticked about the waist! Any help/tips would be appreciated!

Replies

• Ang5669
    Ang5669 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    have you been to your dr at all?.... my sister had a similar issue and turned out to be just a cyst on her ovaries that was the size of a softball....had it removed and all was well.
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    You have to make sure that you're not over exercising and under consuming. Account for all the cals you're burning (awesome work, by the way!). Chances are, your body's breaking down muscle tissue to fuel itself instead of stored fat. When you begin to lost body fat, your waist will go down considerably. When you're burning lean muscle mass, you're losing weight, but since muscle is more dense and takes up less space, you won't lose many inches...

I hope this helps.
  • kschhr
    kschhr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I don't know what to say about your question.. but there is nothing wrong with (brown) rice or potatoes. Don't be afraid of them! Potatoes are just a vegetable and are GOOD for you, as long as you aren't covering them in butter or mixing in milk or something. Plain potato is very good for you though, as is brown rice!
  • bubbab666
    Options
    You're either avoiding certain foods or you're not. Your thinking needs to change there.

Where is the weight loss coming from? breasts? butt? thighs? MOST often fat loss works in a combination of ways:the last places you started to put it on will be the easiest places to notice it going. We tend to gain fat on our forearms, hands, feet, calves LAST and lose it FIRST.
    Are you losing fat, water, or muscle? has your LBM changed at all? these are the things you have to be aware of in order to measure your progress. The scale means little.