Help with Yogurt!!

Options
I like yogurt. I like fruit. However I absolutely hate yogurt with fruit pieces in it. Something about the consistency of the two, I can't handle it. I'm a very frugal person and can't bring myself to buy a brand not knowing if there are going to be chunks in it or not. Anyone know of a brand that doesn't contain fruit in their yogurt??

(Disclaimer: I'm also not a big fan of the "whips" kind.... more issues with consistency there. I also like to have different flavors so I'm tired of eating plain vanilla - hence the post!)

Thanks everyone!!

Replies

• jchester71
    jchester71 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Try yoplait custard style
  • Pynkklady
    Pynkklady Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of fruit in the yogurt either. I've found Yoplait has a lot of flavors that have no fruit. The fruit flavors DO usually have chunks in them, but the key lime pie, boston cream pie, etc, do not. Unfortunately, you kind of have to buy them to see. Not all 'pie' flavors are chunkless. The apple pie flavor has chunks. But, most of the non fruit do not. Hope this helps!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    try vanilla greek yogurt and add your own fruit to it! It's really smooth and creamy.
  • eveydunton
    eveydunton Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Have you tried making your own - Easy Yo is great and very economical. All you need is the Easy Yo Kit and then you can make your own using a tub of live yogurt, fresh milk (which you have heated up and then left to cool) and some dried milk powder. You can then flavour with fruit puree of your choice. I bought one about three months ago and think it is great.
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I enjoy plain 0% fat Greek yogurt (Dannon Oikos or Fage) with a little naturally sweetened Crystal Light mixed in for flavor. You get so much more protein that way & WAY less sugar. Yogurts that have fruit added or are flavored have TONS of extra sugar so I'd be sure to check labels :)
  • whitney_elyse
    whitney_elyse Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    How do you feel about yogurt and honey? Lots of Greek yogurt come with honey on the bottom now so the consistency is smooth but you get a bit of a different flavor in there. Or more "kid-friendly" brands like go-gurt, Trix, etc. are often completely blended though they may not be exactly what you're looking for based on nutrition info.
  • balowry1
    Options
    Hey! Yoplait Greek Yogurt - Honey Vanilla doesn't have any chunks. I think the lemon flavored yogurt doesn't have any chunks. Plain yogurt obviously doesn't. I buy Trix brand for my son. I eat mostly Yoplait brand. Some of the flavors like Red Velvet and Key Lime (I think) is all smooth.
  • Christiiiine
    Options
    I'm not really a fan of the fruit thing either but I love how the yogurt tastes. I tend to just push the pieces of fruit out of the way and eat around them. sounds silly but it works for me and when I'm done all the little pieces are left behind in the cup :)
  • lilsnowbird
    Options
    I so hear you.....I HATE chunks too.....I love Astro Zero yogurt no chunks and it tastes great and only 35 cal for 1/3 cup.....the vanilla and the fieldberry are my favs......I live in Canada so not sure if this is just available here or not....good luck
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Ohhh those goopy snotty fruit chunks are the wooooorst! I like some of the fruit-less yoplait flavors, but my absolute FAV is mixing sugar-free cherry jello powder into my 0% fage greek yogurt. It adds tons of flavors for only 10 extra cals!
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Most of the Yoplait Light Fat Free have no chunks. Blackberry, Key Lime, Lemon, Vanilla, and Rasberry are my favorites and none have fruit bits.
  • yellodaysee
    yellodaysee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I wish I could quote every single one of you! After I posted, I went for a walk and have TONS of great ideas upon return! Thank you!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Puree your own fruit and add it to whatever plain/vanilla/non chunky yogurt you like!