Holidays around the corner

Options
I cant believe summer is just ending and holloween candy is already out, next comes Thanksgiving and then Christmas. In order to continue weight loss over these holidays I am promising myself that I will continue my healthy lifestyle including eating healthy and working out. I will be fit and HEALTHY! Make yourself a promise and write it down :smile:

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I am DETERMINED over these holidays! I love the holidays but dread them, too. :(
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Just treat the holidays as any other reg day of the week (food wise). Would you eat 2 pieces of pie on a reg day? Prob not! ;)
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I am definatly planning a healthy holiday, it's date cookies and veggies from here on! I am actually figuring a veggie meal for christmas!
  • Dayquasar
    Dayquasar Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah this is gonna be a hard season! I love to bake and give goodies as gifts so I hope I can at least have some control lol.
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I agree, and am determined not to go crazy over the holidays!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Great idea.
    I think the best way to do this is to limit the holidays to the actual days they are.

For example, when I was a kid, Thanksgiving was 3 or 4 days long. This year it will be just Thursday and if pie is leftover, then I will let the dogs get fat eating it, not me.

If people bring stuff to the office, other people can eat it. Rarely do I find the junk people put out in an office tempting anyway.
  • newmommy2cash
    Options
    Thanks for this! I have already promised myself and my husband as well. I am working on perfecting my recipes to a low calorie. healthy Thanksgiving feast and I can not wait!
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    Options
    im gonna be healthy on halloween because im hoping to have hit my goal weight by christmas so i will be treating myself to my nice big christmas dinner because if i hit goal weight i think ill deserve it :-)
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I actually gave myself a break last year from Thanksgiving to New Years. I didn't go crazy or anything (in fact, when I went back and ran the numbers, I averaged at my maintenance would be) but I didn't didn't really worry too much. Friends, family, good times, treats that only come once a year, yeah, I'm not passing that stuff up. It's a lifestyle change, and if I try to imagine going the rest of my life with those special holiday indulgences I'd go insane. I also took the same time off of my workout routine. If I felt like running, I ran, if I didn't feel like it, I didn't. Never once made myself go if the main desire wasn't there.

For the over month off of stricter/healthier eating, I gained about two pounds last year, which came right back off. To me, those two pounds were more than worth every delicious, home made cookie/pumpkiny/roasted turkey/pepperminty/party snacky bite.

And I plan on doing it again this year. :D