Love means......

Replies

• happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Love means saying stuff like, "Do whatever you want, just dont wake me up."
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I'm a Woman of strong Faith and live life with much integrity. I'm in no way a prude and very liberal as well as sometimes being Goofy and even sometimes a little naughty. 😋

I do believe that we were put here on this earth to Love, to Love our Heavenly Father, to Love our Soulmates, our children and families, and our Friends. I honestly admit that there are some things that I question in scripture, but there are so, so many more things written that Amaze me and Inspire me to live a good honest life, to have Joy in my life and be Thankful, to have compassion and most importantly to Love, not only those close to me, but to Love everyone as they are all my Brothers and Sisters. What a wonderful Guide book on Life! 😊

Two of my favorite scriptures are in 1 -Corinthians 13, I think these describe what Love is perfectly, (or supposed to be), leaving nothing out. I even have the second one tattood on my back, followed by the names of my Children and Grandchildren 😊

I hope you enjoy reading theses as much as I do.☺️

All My Love 🤗💞

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 NIV

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

1 Corinthians 13:13 NIV

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Perfection.
  • tariqari
    tariqari Posts: 38 Member
    Love is being there for someone when it isn’t convenient for you.
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    Leaving the last Boston cream even though you know they’ll let it sit so long it’ll go stale and get thrown away and you would have really enjoyed it but at least they had the option and know you were thinking of them
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    Leaving the last Boston cream even though you know they’ll let it sit so long it’ll go stale and get thrown away and you would have really enjoyed it but at least they had the option and know you were thinking of them
    ne3J6Ch.gif

It was right on top!
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Does love last forever? Is it really kind? Forgiving? Merely strong infatuation? Such a

For me, it lasts as long as the people involved want it to last. It takes maintenance and awareness, and if those things don't happen then it will likely fizzle out at some point. Yes, love is kindness, but kindness isn't always love. And the lack of kindness doesn't necessarily mean lack of love. As far as forgiving... I think of it this way: imagine forgiveness and acceptance as a venn diagram. Love exists in where those things overlap. No one is perfect, so if you don't have a way to get past someone's imperfections, love will be very very difficult.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Love is patient and kind ; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never ends.

I am not necessarily religious. I am quite spiritual; whatever, that may mean to each individual. The above quote was part of our wedding vows years ago. I still stand by those words. They have stood me in good stead. I am married to the love of my life. We are still very much in love. It saddens me that love/relationships seem to be such hard work to for many. I sincerely mean no offense to anyone. I just believe that if we work to complete ourselves, not someone else.... The possibilities are endless in all of life's realms, not just love.