Losing weight after 40. Can it happen?

Options
Hi everyone! Looking for active friends to motivate each other to succeed in our weight loss journey. Today starts my path on losing 20 pounds.

Replies

• forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    Of course it can happen!
    MFP is full of people would have done tremendous things with their health and fitness even later than 40.
    The metabolism may slow a tiny bit but it’s still the same old formula - calorie in vs calories out 😊
    Good luck on your journey πŸ’•
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,282 Member
    Options
    Yay for starting down the path!

You know, I was 36 years old for years and years and years. Just this year I decided to be 42 for a while. Just a number. Like that thing on the scale - a number. You can lose (or gain) at any age. Do what you know you need to do; create a calorie deficit, and you will lose weight! Simple, YES! Easy? Hell no.

What are your plans to assure success? How are you going to use the tools available here to make your journey pleasant and take you where you want to go?
  • NexAmore
    NexAmore Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    simple answer yes 49 - 356lbs - 6.2 and just started a bit ago and i am losing set your calories keep them log everything it helps and exercise its just a matter of making the choice and sticking with it :-)
  • Suzy8214
    Suzy8214 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Girl you got this πŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ™ŒπŸΌ
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    It certainly can, I've lost almost 25kilos in the last year. Hard part now begins, the maintenance of that lost.
  • murphey1024
    murphey1024 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I am 44 and am working on my weight loss too!