Gaining weight

Options
I recently started on creatine, mutant mass protein, and testosterone booster. My starting weight was 160lbs, the app says I need 3150 per day, I was wondering if I could start drinking two protein powder shakes a day to help achieve my intake goals? I'm not a big water and have a fast matoboloisum, so I'm a hard gainer.i do not eat anything that comes from the sea(fish).would adding omega 3 fatty acids supplement help me gain/bulk up to my goal of 190lbs, or as close as possible for summer 2021.any suggestions on helping me gain weight/bulk up, in regards to my supplements I'm currently taking(creatine, tribulex90, mutant mass protein powder, testosterone booster. Also is there a supplement to help process your intake and digest faster??

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    My advice was always to eat to your surplus and make sure you hit your macros and then fill in from there with calorie dense foods like ice cream, cookies, full fat milk or things like that. Nothing wrong with protein shakes but I always preferred real good....
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    CMDnRDE wrote: »
    I recently started on creatine, mutant mass protein, and testosterone booster. My starting weight was 160lbs, the app says I need 3150 per day, I was wondering if I could start drinking two protein powder shakes a day to help achieve my intake goals? I'm not a big water and have a fast matoboloisum, so I'm a hard gainer.i do not eat anything that comes from the sea(fish).would adding omega 3 fatty acids supplement help me gain/bulk up to my goal of 190lbs, or as close as possible for summer 2021.any suggestions on helping me gain weight/bulk up, in regards to my supplements I'm currently taking(creatine, tribulex90, mutant mass protein powder, testosterone booster. Also is there a supplement to help process your intake and digest faster??

What sort of resistance program are you on?

Just beware if you're planning to gain 30 pound in 5 months so, much of that is going to be fat. Now if you want to bulk then cut during the summer that's fine. Just generally not what people tend to do since summer shirts off, etc.

Also you look fairly young, why do you think you need a testosterone booster unless you are under a doctor's care. Any drug that will actually boost testosterone may well shut down your body's production. The OTC stuff is a waste of money and may also impact your body's nature testosterone production.

Best of luck.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    CMDnRDE wrote: »

What sort of resistance program are you on?

Just beware if you're planning to gain 30 pound in 5 months so, much of that is going to be fat. Now if you want to bulk then cut during the summer that's fine. Just generally not what people tend to do since summer shirts off, etc.

Also you look fairly young, why do you think you need a testosterone booster unless you are under a doctor's care. Any drug that will actually boost testosterone may well shut down your body's production.

Best of luck.

Agree with this..

Also, do you know your current body fat %?
  • Theoldguy1
    Options
    Also, you seem to be on a lot of supplements. This diagram is out there various forms but the supplements are always the least important component.

b1r55umqs6gt.png
  • LGreenfield7
    LGreenfield7 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Real food is always preferred but mass gainers are certainly an easy way to get more calories. I know someone who drank 4 of them a day and managed to bulk up to just over 2 hundred LBS over the coarse of 4-5 Years.
  • Theoldguy1
    Options
    Real food is always preferred but mass gainers are certainly an easy way to get more calories. I know someone who drank 4 of them a day and managed to bulk up to just over 2 hundred LBS over the coarse of 4-5 Years.

Unless that person was part unicorn, bulking up 200 pounds in 4-5 years can't be good.